PDA

View Full Version : What is the most frustrating thing that happens to you in a SNG?

pshreck
11-15-2004, 03:59 PM
What things really get to you...? This is the thing that pisses me off the most:

There are 5 stacks left, with blinds really high (150/300), mostly because of poor play by people, folding to small stacks when it is a clear call because of pot odds.

(This is a non-specific example)

I have around the 2nd or 3rd most amount of chips. When it is not my blind, everyone generally folds to eachother, or limp then fold on the flop. EVERY time it gets to my BB, someone pushes, and everyone folds to me, when Im holding 2 4 in the BB. So I fold. Next orbit, round of folds, then it gets to me in the BB again. Somebody pushes, and I look down at 9 7. Again I am forced to fold....

These are the SNG's where I have 2500+ chips, and sometimes still bust on the bubble (mind you only starting with 800 chips). What usually happens is, I dont pick up any cards and get blinded down to about 1200. Then I pick up an AQ, push, get called by the big stack with 22 (who is all of a sudden no longer tight), and get busted.

This post was spawned by just having 2 SNG's in a row where I had 2400 and 2700, and busted 4th in both, with the exact same situations happening in both.

What are the things that really get inside your head while playing SNG's?

willie24
11-15-2004, 04:09 PM
dont let this get to you. if you play a lot of games, this will happen sometimes. also you will sometimes look down at QQ or AK instead of 24. sometimes it will fold around to you every time youre on the BB. all you can do is make the best play.

of course you should be stealing some blinds when you have a nice stack and blinds are big. this helps to cover the losses that come when you are in the blinds.

Superfluous Man
11-15-2004, 04:11 PM
The most frustrating feeling is when you're 2nd in chips on the bubble, you get your stack in against the chip leader as a big favorite, and he sucks out on you to knock you out.

I usually chuckle, take a piss, remind myself that I'm not playing for 3rd, but rather for 1st, get the beat out of my head, then fire up another sng. It's poker, beats happen, life goes on.

pshreck
11-15-2004, 04:15 PM
I actually play like 50 games a day. I am referring to when I get NO cards, and none of the other players are doing any stealing or knocking eachother out, except when it comes to my BB. This exact situation doesnt happen all that often... yes indeed sometimes Im sitting on kings and its fine.

ZeeJustin
11-15-2004, 04:24 PM
I load up 8 sngs, and my connection goes down. Last time this happened it was 5am and I couldn't call anyone to play for me.

willie24
11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
8!? wow

Bremen
11-15-2004, 05:11 PM
For me its when the BB has less than 2 BB's left. I look down and see A rag, generally I'm willing to put the BB all-in in these situations as s/he is almost forced to call, if they have any clue (many still fold). However UTG (another big stack) will limp in, so I can't play my hand.

Rasputin
11-15-2004, 05:27 PM
When I'm sitting there watching a limpfest, catch AA in the big blind and it's folded around to me.

wjmooner
11-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Trapping laggy big stack for all of his money with a monster hand and watch him hit his 2 outer against you to knock you out.

WJ

TheDrone
11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
An unreliable internet connection is very -EV. Hopefully you have at least two choices in broadband ISPs so that you can switch to a more reliable provider.