PDA

View Full Version : NBA Western Conference Poll

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Discuss!

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 03:37 PM
how is Dallas on there? Its suppose to be improved team, not gotten worse team. Utah by a mile even though they weren't bad last year. Kirilenko is a g man.

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Dallas's defense is the most improved in the league, let alone the west. They lead their division. Their point guard can actually play defense now, and Dirk is having a really monster year. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mostly, their vastly improved defense is why they are on the list. Houston is on the list because of T-Mac's addition.

Yes, I had to vote for Dallas, even though Utah is probably the right answer. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 03:44 PM
Cuban can't figure out what he wants and Nelson is not a defensive coach. Its sad to see really, but that is one team that will not win a championship. Utah is a very good team, especially with the addition of Boozer, who will grab practically every rebound. Once Arroyo comes back, damn... this team will surprise a lot of people, and this coming from a Jazz hater.

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 03:48 PM
I think Dallas will surprise you this year. /images/graemlins/smile.gif They may not win the title, but they are going to be one of the top 3 teams to beat in the West. I stamp my personal seal on that one! /images/graemlins/spade.gif

EDIT- Also, even if Nelson is not a defensive coach, they had the best FG% allowed in the league last time I checked. Their defense is currently one of the best. Look up the stats! It's quite surprising.

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Dallas also doesn't have the best D, there are 9 teams with lower OPP, but there are two with a higher points differential as well, Utah and Phoenix. Both score 14 PPG more than their opponents!

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
they'll peter out, just like my sonics.

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 03:52 PM
They didn't have the best in points allowed, last I checked. It was just the highest in terms of percentage allowed. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT- I'm surprised nobody has voted for Phoenix or Seattle yet.

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Phoenix should get some votes. Seattle is def a wait and see type of team. Last year the got off to a hot start and sort of fell apart mid way through the year. I liked the Fortson for Booth trade, but Rob Swift is still unproven, as is Luke Ridenour and Collison. Only time will tell with this team.

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Looks like the Suns did pick up a few votes. In a way, they remind me of previous Mavericks teams. That may have something to do with Nash being the PG, though. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Demana
11-15-2004, 07:00 PM
The three reasons I will go to a Sonics game this year:

Watch Ray Allen shoot
Watch Danny Fortson enforce
Watch Nick Collison and Reggie Evans hustle

Ray Ray is just sick. Trade Rashard Lewis, Jerome James (expired contract + money balance), and a pick for J-Kidd and that team is the sixth seed in the West.

Boris
11-15-2004, 07:07 PM
The Jazz are very strong this year. Their half court offense is awesome.

The Warriors are one of the most poorly managed franchises in all of professional sports. It is becoming clear that Chris Mullin, while a great player, is a stone idiot. It will take years to recover from the disaster he has forced upon Golden State.

WEASEL45
11-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Why? you dont think adonal foyle is worth $40 mil

Boris
11-15-2004, 07:32 PM
It gets better. Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy were both scheduled to become free agents next year. C Mull was so worried that he would lose these two in free agency that he signed Richardson a 6 year, $70m deal, and Murphy to 6 year, $58m deal.

Have you ever heard of Troy Murphy? Didn't think so. You wanna know why? Cuz he's a medium sized slow guy who can't shoot from the floor, can't shoot free throws and is a kind of mediocre rebounder. Oh yea, and he's always injured.

So anyways, Jarhead is so worried that some other team will snap up these stars in the making that he cripples the Warriors for the next 5 years, at a minimum. Like anyone is going to give these two clowns (murphy and richardson) that kind of money on the free agent market.

MarkL444
11-15-2004, 07:33 PM
the western conference was so two years ago.

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 07:39 PM
lol, you know I've been to Lansing. I also went to a club in Burton (Flint), before the Pistons won it all last year. The DJ was quite the Piston's fan, and I had to put a stop to all his Billups hype! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The West is making a comeback this year, and the Pistons may not even be around to see it by the Finals. Btw, not at all a Piston's hater. In fact, last year I was picking them to win it all halfway through the season. It's not going to happen this year, unfortunately.

A team from the West will win the title. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 08:14 PM
You are right about Murphy, but Richardson is tight man.

banditbdl
11-15-2004, 08:19 PM
How many of these teams have any chance against a healthy Spurs or T-Wolves teams in a 7-game playoff series? Oh yeah, that's right, none.

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 08:59 PM
don't get to excited just yet. Phoenix, Utah, and Dallas can all compete with those two teams, easily.

banditbdl
11-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Phoenix, are you serious??? They've played 2 teams that are any good at all (Cleveland and Sacto) and they lost them both. They would get their ASS handed to them. Utah and Dallas might be able to compete, but ultimately simply don't have the horses to handle TD or KG. (or the Defense)

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Utah and Phoenix(thus far) have the best PPG vs OPPG in the association. Don't count out either of these two teams. I realize its easy to think your team is invincible because Minnesota has a good team, but you shouldn't be as confident as you are.

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many of these teams have any chance against a healthy Spurs or T-Wolves teams in a 7-game playoff series? Oh yeah, that's right, none.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to answer that, because TSC hhas already made any point that I would make. But, I will say that was never the point of this thread.

The poll wasn't suggesting which of those teams would win the title, thats why the Spurs and Wolves aren't on it. Their teams are basically the same as last year, thereby eliminating them from any "most improved team" discussion. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AngryCola
11-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Hazzah! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

billyjex
11-15-2004, 10:57 PM
I have been a lifelong Warriors fan. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

college_boy
11-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Wow lot's of misinformation out there. First of all it's Phoenix, an 82 game season will settle it. The Timberwolves are the oldest and slowest team in the NBA, if they don't make a move by the break they won't stand a chance. Troy Murphy is one of the best pure rebounders in the league. I don't understand where you got the mediocre rebounder comment from. He is white and he has been injured however, that much is true. Mullin's biggest mistake has been firing Eric Musselman, just my two cents.

Demana
11-15-2004, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have been a lifelong Warriors fan. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This explains why you are at the bottom of the bottle...

banditbdl
11-16-2004, 12:56 AM
I don't even think the Wolves are invincible, they're far from it with all the headcases. I think everyone seriously underestimates the Spurs with a healthy Duncan. They have the Best Player, the Best Coach, and the Best Defense. I know most people here will recognize the Spurs as the class of the conference, I just think the gap between them and some of these good, but not great teams is much, much wider than you realize.

AngryCola
11-16-2004, 05:49 AM
I take that back 3 people, with a good sense of humor, voted for the Warriors. Huzzah!
Yes, this is a shameless bump, but it's my birthday. I'll do what I want, when I want it today /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AngryCola
11-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Shameless birthday bump. The Mavs have to get more than a 1 vote difference between the Warriors! lol /images/graemlins/spade.gif

WEASEL45
11-16-2004, 02:06 PM
I think you forgot the lakers were in the west

WEASEL45
11-16-2004, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been a lifelong Warriors fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that

ThaSaltCracka
11-16-2004, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I didn't forget.

Demana
11-16-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you forgot that Shaq left

Joe826
11-16-2004, 04:57 PM
uhh. Phoenix. my avatar proves it. true they've lost 2 in a row but the preseason showing plus their first 4 games shows they've come along way. i have high expecations, especially compared to last season. that sucked.

WEASEL45
11-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Have you seen Mihm play. Who needs Shaq

ThaSaltCracka
11-16-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen Mihm play. Who needs Shaq

[/ QUOTE ]
quit being so silly

Demana
11-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Kobe will lead the league in scoring, but like in Orlando with T-Mac, the Lakers will be lucky to get to the playoffs.

Remember how great Anfernee Hardaway was when he played with Shaq? Shaq left and Hardaway is now ...
Yes, Kobe is better than Hardaway, but the Lakers will not survive the first round if they get there.

AngryCola
11-17-2004, 11:20 AM
The Mavs lost to the Suns last night, oh the humanity! /images/graemlins/spade.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-17-2004, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Mavs lost to the Suns last night, oh the humanity! /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I was about to post this, hahaha, Nash went off.

Seattle has won 7 in a row /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

AngryCola
11-17-2004, 01:19 PM
In Seattles game, last night, they had a higher 3pt FG% than regular FG% (I think). They made more 3s than regular baskets. Crazy stuff. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-17-2004, 01:24 PM
They are a team of shooters man, but thats what they were last year too. Allen, AD, Radmon, Lewis, all shoot threes.

Clarkmeister
11-17-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't even think the Wolves are invincible, they're far from it with all the headcases. I think everyone seriously underestimates the Spurs with a healthy Duncan. They have the Best Player, the Best Coach, and the Best Defense. I know most people here will recognize the Spurs as the class of the conference, I just think the gap between them and some of these good, but not great teams is much, much wider than you realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

Demana
11-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Bump for the Sonic's 8th win in a row.

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump for the Sonic's 8th win in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]reply to bump my total, plus to say they will probably lose the next game.