PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair on a coordinated board

Percival GooseEye
11-15-2004, 02:41 PM
I've been lurking here for a while and decided to start posting some hands.

This hand is at the 1-2NL at the Horseshoe. SB has about $200. Bb has about $350. I have $300. Both SB and BB are fairly tight, fairly aggressive players. They are regulars in this game. My table image is tight and somewhat aggressive. I've been at the table for a couple of hours and I'm up about $100.

I open limp in early MP w/ KJs. Folded around to SB who completes. BB checks.

Flop comes KJT none of my suit. Small blind opens for $20, BB calls.

My action?

I raise and make it $70 straight. SB folds, BB pushes for his remaining $300 or so and has me covered. I throw up a little in my mouth.

Action here?

This is a situation I have some trouble with. I flop two pair and have bettors in front of me on a coordinated board. My thoughts on this hand were that I don't want to see another card and I want to take it down on the flop. I'm thinking if I smooth call, I let the draws see another card and I won't have a plan on the turn. Of course, I don't want one of them to come back over the top of me either.

All thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
GooseEye

Tilt
11-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Is that board rainbow? If so...

I like your flop raise. I think fold to the all-in.

I would have to say Q9 or AQ are most likely based on the action. If the board is rainbow his first flop call was to hope you got in for a raise and then make a move. If not he is low risk to get outdrawn by giving the cheap card. And if he has no straight he is making a monster semi-bluff against your raise which could easily be a made straight from where he is sitting.

Macedon
11-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Before you do anything, chug some water. You don't want that throw up to burn your esophagus.

Next step, fold. He smooth called the Small Blind and raised you a doozy. He most likely has a set (3 Tens) or the ignorant end of the straight. (The nut straight is unlikely here.)

The other possibility is that he has K-10. IF that is the case, you could easily bust him out.

But I think you have to give him credit here. He basically raised up 2 players who bet on the flop. That screams great hand.

kyro
11-15-2004, 03:44 PM
i think you played it perfectly, provided you fold to the all-in.

Percival GooseEye
11-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I did muck (after washing down the throwup) and he showed me Q9 for the flopped ignorant straight. I've just been replaying this situation in my head and wasn't sure if I was approaching it correctly. I guess it is better to raise here and fold to the power move, than to play it passively and get into deeper trouble on later streets.

Thanks,
GooseEye