PDA

View Full Version : Betting TPTK w/ nut draw on the flop...

nightlyraver
11-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Say I raise about 3.5x pre-flop w/ A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif and get three callers. Flop comes something like K /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I am first to act. Is it correct to check and call? I figure that I don't gain a thing from betting. A made flush will either raise or slowplay and almost nothing that will come on the turn can hurt me except for a few choice cards in certain situations. I have been involved in hands like this before and either everyone folds, most common and I get no more money into the pot, or I get called/raised by hands that are currently beating me. The type of hands that I want to pay me off are things like K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, but I just don't see hands like that calling all that many times on this type of flop.

nightlyraver
11-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Anyone have an answer???!!!

zaxx19
11-16-2004, 05:42 PM
You think a hand like KQ off calls 3X bb raise here??

Potowame
11-16-2004, 06:11 PM
I have to agree here, If you want KQo to call here all you have to do is bet. If the player is calling a 3.5X bet with K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif that will be a monster flop for him also. Thats why you dont call 3.5x raise with K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, hehe.

patrick dicaprio
11-16-2004, 06:33 PM
most times you wont get called by hands like KQo when you raise except by bad players, of which there are many. usually i think the right play here is just to bet and if you win the pot so be it if the opposition is weak, but against most/any decent players i check call.

pat

nightlyraver
11-16-2004, 06:55 PM
This actually occured at a $5+1 SnG and the blinds were small. So yeah, I was seeing hands like KQ calling a 3.5xBB raise. Remember though, once there are a few people in the pot, even to a 3.5xBB raise, KQ (especially if they are suited) will have decent odds to see a flop.