PDA

View Full Version : Grinding run (Low Content)

JDErickson
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
A weekend of long hours grinding away at 2/4 to reach the 3/6 level again. One hand last night makes it all worthwhile.

Loose Passive Table.

LP is new and no reads on him. Other players are standard loose passives.

Party 2/4 (10 Handed)

I'm dealt 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif in EP and open limp. 4 others limp along.

Flop (5 SB)
2/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Ck to me I bet, MP calls, LP raises, Blinds fold, I 3 bet, MP and LP call

Turn (6.5 BB)
J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, Mp calls, LP raises, I 3 bet, Mp folds, Lp Caps, I call

River (15.5 BB)
2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check, LP bets, I raise, LP 3 bets, I cap, Lp calls

Final Pot 23.5 BB

My 46:1 shot beats LPs 88

sublime
11-15-2004, 02:25 PM
what were you going to do on the river if the 2 did not fall?

JDErickson
11-15-2004, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what were you going to do on the river if the 2 did not fall?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet and call a raise probably depending on what did fall.

ErrantNight
11-15-2004, 02:34 PM
at what point on the turn did you realize you were behind?

DID you realize you were behind?

JDErickson
11-15-2004, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn I didn't think I was behind.

His river 3 bet made me think set though.

asofel
11-15-2004, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would you have felt behind at any point? If so, what would lead you to think this. I don't think I would have felt it, so maybe I'm missing something key here...

lu_hawk
11-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Excellent one outer.

ErrantNight
11-15-2004, 03:00 PM
i was being a little sarcastic... because i wouldn't really be that worried until it got capped on the turn.... still:

a flop c/r followed by a reraise on the turn? would KJ c/r there? i doubt it. so...K8 suited? perhaps, and i suppose you could use that logic to argue a raise on the turn on such a raggedy board, but in an unraised pot prior to the flop, doesn't that line just scream set? and you're depending on your opponent playing... K8 suited.

sublime
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
i cant say for sure if you are behind or ahead. although i think its close, like almost 60/40 or 55/45.

capping the turn against a guy who has shown a LOT of strenght is a pretty powerfull move.

the moral of my post is that check calling the river would be an acceptable line here

ErrantNight
11-15-2004, 03:05 PM
really?

with 4 of a kind?

aka: the stone cold nuts?

asofel
11-15-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was being a little sarcastic... because i wouldn't really be that worried until it got capped on the turn.... still:

a flop c/r followed by a reraise on the turn? would KJ c/r there? i doubt it. so...K8 suited? perhaps, and i suppose you could use that logic to argue a raise on the turn on such a raggedy board, but in an unraised pot prior to the flop, doesn't that line just scream set? and you're depending on your opponent playing... K8 suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok good, makes sense, and yeah, K8 suited just doesn't have the strength of 10-8 suited /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seether
11-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Just curious, what would you have done if the river brought out a King a Jack or an 8? What would you put your opponent on with all that action and that river?

JDErickson
11-15-2004, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, what would you have done if the river brought out a King a Jack or an 8? What would you put your opponent on with all that action and that river?

[/ QUOTE ]

KJ was my read on the turn. He didn't cap the flop.

If a K or J would have rivered I would have ck called

ErrantNight
11-15-2004, 03:32 PM
does KJ c/r that flop?

sublime
11-15-2004, 03:33 PM
yeah check/call with the nuts /images/graemlins/confused.gif

i meant if the 2 didnt fall, which you could have figured out if you took the time to read the chat between me and JD /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ErrantNight
11-15-2004, 03:37 PM
considering discussion SINCE then had moved on...

i had read the whole discussion. however, i was revisiting, and since you made no note of it being a continuation of your "what if no 2" point...

either way, i was just giving you a hard time.

but i do know how to read, thanks, and if YOU had read my posts you'd know that i did give this topic some thought.

practice what you... oh never mind.

ErrantNight
11-15-2004, 03:38 PM
and go sox.

sublime
11-15-2004, 03:41 PM
i guess i was thinking that you would give me the benefit of the doubt and realize that i would not advocate check calling with the nuts :grin

ErrantNight
11-15-2004, 03:50 PM
i was, indeed!

sox fan, sublime fan, you can't be THAT stupid /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sfer
11-15-2004, 04:32 PM
I like the flop and turn but I would check/call the river unimproved unless I knew LP overplayed his hands.