PDA

View Full Version : AC Poker Rooms

Drewboy22
11-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Howdy all. I am planning to spend an entire Saturday in AC starting at 11am until I am too tired to play anymore. Looking to play 5-10 or 10-20. Which poker rooms do you all recommend for someone who wants to put his leather ass in a chair and play for 12 hours. I heard the Trop "pink chip" game is pretty good. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

rdu $teve
11-15-2004, 12:58 PM
I played at the Tropicana and Borgata last weekend. I found the Borgata to be a much better place to play. More players, cleaner, better game selection, ect. I played 6/12 there for 14 straight hrs (minus 20 minutes for dinner), and made a decent profit. If you can make money at party 1/2, this is the game for you.

Have fun

slogger
11-15-2004, 01:24 PM
I spent this weekend in AC and played at Borgata, the Trop and the Taj. One thing to note, which I was pretty disappointed about, was the fact that the Trop seems to be trying to phase out the pink game. I'm told it ran Friday night, but on both days I was there (Sat. and Sun.) I got on a list for it, which was about 9 deep and they never even called it. The dealers indicated that management is trying to boost interestn in the 10/20, but they have added a 6/12 and that seems to be where all of the pink game vets have ended up.

For what it's worth, I sat for two sessions of 6/12 at the Trop and found both tables to be extremely loose and soft. Despite never getting on a good run of cards at these tables, I made about 11 big bets in roughly 6 hours of play. Friday afternoon-evening, I put in a 12-hour session at the Borgata 6/12. The game was quite loose, but there were at least two other tight aggressive players at the table at all times. I managed to make about a bet an hour, but it was a roller coaster ride for much of the session. Although I prefer the Borgata for the overall quality of the room, the Trop 6/12 was noticeably softer in my experience this weekend.

While waiting for my seats at each room, I played in the 3/6 (Borgata) and the 4/8 (Trop) and both games were total fish tanks. So if you're inclined to play down, or just need a confidence boost, those games should do the trick.

The only game I had a tough time in (and this probably had a lot to do with a 3-hours stretch where I had a deuce in my hand more than 50% of the time) was the Taj 5/10. I put in a 5-hour session on Saturday night. Even switched tables after about 90 minutes at an overly tight first table and just couldn't get anything going. Again, my cards were absolute crap for the entire session, but it seemed like the game conditions were less than optimal to begin with.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Borgata's wait lists any time between 6 p.m. and 1 a.m. on Fridays and between noon and midnight on Saturdays can be abolutely nightmarish. Arrive late morning and you should be OK, but if you can't be in town before 1 p.m., hit the Trop.

Good luck!

mostsmooth
11-15-2004, 02:31 PM
heres a few hands from the 10-20 game at borg i was in last night:
1. Q6o somehow called 3 bets to see a flop
2. T6o called two bets cold to see flop
3. J5o called a bet then a raise to see flop
4. 6 way at the river, A high takes the pot, two people had 69o, one had J4o
of course there were more hands like these, but no need to list them all
i recommend the 10-20 borg games