PDA

View Full Version : In the Money, What do you do with small PP?

etgryphon
11-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Alright I'm trying to plug a hole or perceived hole in my game. I have a relatively easy time making it into the money on most SnG that I play on UB. But the problem is I usually pick my spots and tend to not have the chip lead, but sometimes I do.

In a 10player SnG, It down to 3 players and they payout. I usually start playing really aggressive with PP even low ones like 44 and 55 usually when I'm on the Button, but I'm getting called with relatively good hands. The last ones that I can remember are AQ, AK, JJ, QQ. Now this makes me think that there is not much difference in playing a TT or 88 as a 44 or 55 in these hands, but then it makes me think that I'm just giving myself an opportunity to bust out rather than making an opportunity for someone else. I think it is cutting into my ROI.

What are your suggestion for aggressive PP play when it is down to a few players and you are in the money.

-Gryph

Subby
11-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Everything that I have read on here from players I respect says that you should play for first, settle for third. That means (I think) pushing pocket pairs when you are first in the pot and already in the money.

I wouldn't get too hung up on your recent results...small sample size and all that.

captZEEbo1
11-15-2004, 11:58 AM
it basically depends on the blinds and your stack size. If the blinds are only 50/100, and you have 2300 chips, no need to push 44. If the blinds are 100/200, and you have about 1800 or less chips, might as well push. If the blinds are 250/500 (with pretty much any size stack) push and hope is my motto.

Klak
11-15-2004, 12:01 PM
i think you push PF almost always. you are seldom less than a 50% favorite. combined with the chance that the other players might fold, pushing is definatly right.