4. Pokernoob
5. jwp
6. Tex Murphy
7. PhallicPhil
8. zap987
9. Tosh
10. MrBatman

Prizes
Mackas takes the $50 prize for being on top of the leader board AND the $50 prize for the biggest balance jump.

And the $50 prize for the biggest rank jump is taken by naturegoulet

Well done to everybody. Please ensure that you re-declare your correct balances. For your convenience, the OIC rules are located here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1236412&page=3&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Prize winner accounts will be credited shortly. BR insurance refunds for those who claimed and qualified will follow afterwards.

Jstyal
11-15-2004, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations to the following people who are the top 10 on the leader board:

1. Mackas

Prizes
Mackas takes the $50 prize for being on top of the leader board AND the $50 prize for the biggest balance jump.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does an unknown like Mackas, who had a negative balance just yesterday, rocket his way up the ladder, all the way to first place? I may be alone in this regard, but I find it ludicrous that you can go from $-135.25 (137th ranked) to $1122.12 (1st place) in a matter of 24 hours. Do I have the Gaming Clubs’ guarantee that this player legitimately bounced his way up without the use of “chip dumping” or other illegitimate means?

Gaming Club
11-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Mackas did in fact jump to number one, from the number 2 spot he was in yesterday.

The reason it shows -$135 (137th) is because at the time of update he probably had a large chunk of his bankroll at a table with him, which wouldn't be taken into account. As SwordFish pointed out and as we mentioned previously that at the moment it's a bit of a technical impossibility to take into account balances at the tables at the time of update, but that our developers are trying to figure out a way to get around it without bringing a few servers to their knees.

If this was the case, he would of received the prize for the biggest rank jump, which he didn't. We audit all prize winners and the leaderboard for accuracy - which is also why we so heavily request non-OIC balances to be declared correctly.

Does that clear up your concerns?

actyper
11-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Is it possible to list the winning rank and balance jump values? Interested in comparing. Thanks.

Jstyal
11-15-2004, 12:14 PM
I had no idea you could have non-declared funds in the negative. Look, I'm coming from the standpoint of not being around on Sunday, so I had no idea who was 2nd or 1st at that time. What I do know is this: upon checking the leaderboard today, I see that the first ranked player, according to the leaderboard, was 137th ranked with a negative balance yesterday and is now 1st with 1k+. Should I disregard this information. Am I not reading it correctly?

Gaming Club
11-15-2004, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see that the first ranked player, according to the leaderboard, was 137th ranked with a negative balance yesterday and is now 1st with 1k+. Should I disregard this information. Am I not reading it correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not necessary to disregard it completely in this case. His balance is correct, however, the rank stated is incorrect. So he is still at the top of the leader board.

We also post the audited results each day which does match the leader board most of the time, so just look out for our posts titled OIC 3 Day X Winners & Top Placers. You can then cross reference the leader board with the posted results.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
We're having an issue with crediting the $50 BR refunds today, so they will be credited tomorrow. Our apologies for the delay and we will confirm once the credits have gone through. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Mackas
11-15-2004, 02:34 PM
My current balance and position are correct. Previous rank and previous balance are wrong as can be confirmed from yesterday's results thread and from anyone who checked the leaderboard yesterday when I was in fact 2nd with approx $400. I did notify TGC when I saw today's leaderborad and they confirmed it was just an error they had laready noted, hence the fact I did not in fact receive the bonus for jumping 137 places on the table /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Presumably it was just too late to fix the entries accordingly.

Anyway on a positive note for everyone else I was just plain hit in the face with the deck last night at 5/10 hitting sets and houses and getting paid off in multiple spots to the river. I have however yet to have a succesful 10/20 session in my life and have had a couple of disasters when I took a shot at it before so I fully expect to back amongst the pack soon, probably as I plummet back into the nice safe smaller limits I usually inhabit. I can always dream, though ...

Mackas
11-15-2004, 02:48 PM
I must admit I take offence at this. "Unknown like Mackas" - in what sense? Should I post more often so you get to know me better?

Maybe you have been confused because of the technical error which recorded my previous position (2nd) and balance ($400ish) nicorrectly. If you check back through all the threads for each day since this started you'll find that I have consistently been in the top 6 and if you actually check at TGC you'll find I've been averaging about eight hours a day there since it started.

If you're actually serious about chipdumping etc I have no objection to TGC releasing all HHs, or at least an indication of the extent to which I've been playing, and their general comments on the sessions, whatever they want really. Not to mention the fact I wouldn't have dreamt of scamming this anyway for a few $50 bonuses but I guess someone like you is hardly going to take someone else at their word.

I'm sorry if it rocks your world if one of your poker heroes who you read every day isn't at the top (the truth is the big players probably have better things to do than drop to the lower limits for the OIC when they could be making so much more at their own levels) but get a life instead of throwing out mindless accusations. You also might have wanted to pay more attention to previous posts and you might not have made this error in the first place. Maybe a bit more time at the tables and less time trying to dream up some excuse as to how someone you don't know is doing better than you and you might be a bit happier.

GL

Mackas

Mackas
11-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Finally (and sorry if I'm blowing off a lot of steam here) but it is kinda disappointing to put a lot of work into something, do well, enjoy it, come on here looking forward to enjoying being at the top for once and run into all this crap.

actyper
11-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Hey dude, you have every right to be pissed. Not to worry, its just that 1 guy who probably busted out already trying to chase a dream.

drewjustdrew
11-15-2004, 03:11 PM
The guy had a legitimate concern. He just didn't do his homework, instead opting for an official response. Nothing to take personally in my opinion.

actyper
11-15-2004, 03:53 PM
His concern was legitimate, his personal attack wasn't. Why would the leader, or anybody else on the leaderboard have to be "known"

UncleDuke
11-15-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to really have negative OIC balance. If you have zero, you've busted out.

dogmeat
11-15-2004, 05:34 PM
FWIW, I played two different days for several hours with Mackas. He was not only nice to chat with, but also played a pretty good game. One of the games we were on was pretty wild - I'm not surprised to see he is #1 as he deserves to be.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

drewjustdrew
11-15-2004, 05:56 PM
I just don't see that as a "personal" attack. He would have made the same statement about anyone he never heard of. It wasn't that vicious and mackas shouldn't get so worked up about it. He wasn't being accused of anything. These were just examples of potential likely reasons someone could show such tremendous gains in a short period. It just happened that the data was not all there.

Mackas
11-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Thanks Dogmeat. I think maybe I did over-react a bit though so I am sorry for that, and sorry if I went over the top at Jystal.

Anyway probably better just to forget about this now and get on with the task at hand. It was all probably a diabolical plot ot put me on tilt anyway. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Not working though, currently building up nicely at 10/20 /images/graemlins/smile.gif though in a perverse way afraid to reach the next level too quickly, at least that's going to be my excuse /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good Luck Everyone

Jstyal
11-15-2004, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's not necessary to disregard it completely in this case. His balance is correct, however, the rank stated is incorrect. So he is still at the top of the leader board.

We also post the audited results each day which does match the leader board most of the time, so just look out for our posts titled OIC 3 Day X Winners & Top Placers. You can then cross reference the leader board with the posted results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that the OIC “leader board” would be accurate and consistent, and that all its published results were official and reliable. I understand now that I was mistaken and that apparently we really shouldn’t really go by the leader board but instead go by the daily reports that get posted on here. I question having a leader board at all if it cannot be properly maintained with the correct data. As you can see, things like this can cause confusion and misunderstandings among the participants. Hopefully, the needed changes have been made so that in the future the data posted on the board is actually legit and accurate.

Jstyal
11-15-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Dogmeat. I think maybe I did over-react a bit though so I am sorry for that, and sorry if I went over the top at Jystal.

Anyway probably better just to forget about this now and get on with the task at hand. It was all probably a diabolical plot ot put me on tilt anyway. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Not working though, currently building up nicely at 10/20 /images/graemlins/smile.gif though in a perverse way afraid to reach the next level too quickly, at least that's going to be my excuse /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good Luck Everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, it’s obvious you take this challenge very seriously and you should be proud of your performance so far. I apologize if you took personal offense to any of my remarks. This thread was created as a result of the information that was presented to me at the time. I assure you that my post was not meant to attack you personally but to inquire as to the legitimacy of the data posted in the leader board. In addition, let me thank you for the efforts you have made to try to correct the erroneous data that was indeed posted today by the GC. Bets of skill--and good luck.

Jstyal
11-15-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey dude, you have every right to be pissed. Not to worry, its just that 1 guy who probably busted out already trying to chase a dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I checked, I was 12th with minimal playing time. I'm in this challenge for the fun factor and because it gives me a reason to clear the BRP bonus sitting in my account--which is, you're right, a dream to chase since they're so time-consuming hard to clear lol.

Mackas
11-15-2004, 06:32 PM
No problem, forgotten about. Is this a bad time to say I just reached $1500?

scotnt73
11-15-2004, 10:46 PM
while im not in the oic i did play at a table with mackas the other day and though i didnt know he was a 2+2er marked him as a very solid player. im gambool on gc btw mackas. congrat bro. keep up the great work.