PDA

View Full Version : This OIC is a blessing and a curse.

steamboatin
11-15-2004, 11:24 AM
I like having a way to compare myself to a cross section of Internet players but it makes me to results oriented.

I am way to concious of my results as it is and having a short term goal to step up to the next level makes it easy to focus on results.

Baulucky
11-15-2004, 11:48 AM
The OIC is too short term to mean ANYTHING. Of course it's nice to win the prizes, etc. The original idea was to give the player's low risk/no risk exposure to bigger games than they were used to playing. Nothing else.

chrisdhal
11-15-2004, 11:54 AM
That's the way I'm approaching it. I normally play 2/4, so it's not like I'm taking too huge a step back and I'm approaching it as the "challenge" it is meant to be. Yes, it turns you to be very results oriented, but only for a little while. I would love the opportunity to play 5/10, even if I'm short rolled just to get a little experience at it. I haven't given up my "regular" games though, I am doing the OIC in conjunction with those, so it's not like I'm giving up anything else.

steamboatin
11-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Its the only thing I play on that site, wouldn't be there otherwise.

chrisdhal
11-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Me too. What I'm saying is that I still have a Party table up at the same time. I normally multi-table, so I have 1 Party and 1 TGC table going.

steamboatin
11-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Okay, I play on other sites at the same time also.