PDA

View Full Version : Just plain stupid.

imitation
11-15-2004, 10:21 AM
I just keep 3 betting turns to much when people CR me.

Villian is LAG

Party 5/10 6 handed
A4s on the button.

2 Limpers to me, I call, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop A6T
checked to me, I bet, SB folds, BB raises, MP calls 2SB, I call.

Turn 3
checked to me, I bet, BB raises, MP folds, I 3bet, BB caps.

River 7
bet, call.

I just think stop n go CR are fishy and that I might be up against middle pair or flush draw (2 hearts on the draw) I think people are pulling moves on me way too much at 5/10 it very rarely seems to be the case...maybe I'm just running bad at the moment but I seem to be playing hands like this much too aggro.

fnord_too
11-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Learning to respect turn raises (check or otherwise) was a very profitable lesson for me.

djoyce003
11-15-2004, 10:43 AM
I play party 1/2, not 5/10 but in my experience when the guy wakes up on the turn with a raise, he is raising more than top pair, it's usually at least 2, or sometimes a set. Flop raises worry me a lot less than turn raises...flop raises can be top pair bad kicker, flush/straight draws hoping for the free card, or middle or even bottom pair and they want to know if you are bluffing. The turn raise or checkraise usually means if all you have is a pair, you are beat in my experience.

Benjamin
11-15-2004, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just think stop n go CR are fishy and that I might be up against middle pair or flush draw (2 hearts on the draw) I think people are pulling moves on me way too much at 5/10 it very rarely seems to be the case...maybe I'm just running bad at the moment but I seem to be playing hands like this much too aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, top pair crap kicker isn't worth the 3-bet. You will have times where you find they actually are making moves on you, but calling that checkraise, and then making sure a bet goes in on the river is a lot safer/saner way of defending it.

When you are playing LAGs, then you want to have the goods when you try to pound them, because they will make it very expensive for you when you are behind. Let them make their moves and pump the pot for you, but when you have a hand like top pair bad kicker facing a turn raise, then just be happy if you get to showdown a winner.

B.

Fnord
11-15-2004, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Learning to respect turn raises (check or otherwise) was a very profitable lesson for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much respect is respect? In full ring 2/4 and 3/6 top pair is often a laydown, however I've seen worse pop the turn regularly. Particularly when a scare card hits. Ace no good? Under pair no good? Middle pair no good?

fnord_too
11-15-2004, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much respect is respect? In full ring 2/4 and 3/6 top pair is often a laydown, however I've seen worse pop the turn regularly. Particularly when a scare card hits. Ace no good? Under pair no good? Middle pair no good?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the 5/10 short, which tend to be loose passive (compared to 10/20 short and 15/30 full, the other ring games I have recently played) turn raises with more than one opponent typically mean at least TPTK as I recolect. HU they can mean less. Sometimes you will get tricky players raising for a free showdown especially if they have a so so hand + a draw (I'd raise second pair + a flush draw on the turn). In my experience though, the 5/10 short tends to play pretty straightforwardly.

In this particular case, with a LAG, I would probably call down if I knew he could c/r the turn and lead the river with a hand I could beat. I would also call down if I had been folding a lot recently to turn raises, to discourage people taking shots at me.