PDA

View Full Version : TT too much action too much chasing...

imitation
11-15-2004, 09:53 AM
I think I go to far with some hands post flop I'll post a bunch tonight I think, but heres 2 I flagged where I looked back and had to wonder if I kept going to far.

No reads villian was at the table for 3 hands.

5handed Party 5/10

I get TT in the SB
Villian opens on the button
I 3bet, BB folds, Villian calls

Flop is 467r
I lead, raise, 3-bet, capped.

Turn is K
Bet, Call.

River is 8
Bet, Call.

I'm trying to remember what my turn plan was, I think I would have folded to a raise... The river bet was pretty sketchy as well, considering I should only see this much action on the flop with a oesd + pair or JJ, QQ might have played the flop/turn that way.

Hand 2:
TcTh in the CO
UTG folds, vLPP MP limps, Hero Raises, Button folds, SB(32/7) 3-bets, sLAP BB calls, vLPP MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop is 9d,2d,5s
SB leads, 2 Calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, 2 calls, Hero caps. 3 calls.

Turn is Td
Check, BB bets, MP folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

River is 2s
Check, BB bets, Hero calls, SB calls.

I'm trying to justify the flop cap, but I got nothing, I think my intention was that it would make this hand easier to lay down on the turn if the betting kept coming hard. River call mmm I wasn't convinced BB would make it 3 with a flush and I knew SB would overcall as I felt certain he had AA, KK, QQ by this point.

Bill Smith
11-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Hand 1: A check-call on the river seems appropriate. Otherwise good.

Hand 2: I have to raise the river. Consider the possibilities:

- You raise, SB folds, BB calls, no change.
- You raise, either SB calls or BB raises, you make more.
- You raise and knock both out... what are the chances given the action?

djoyce003
11-15-2004, 11:01 AM
I think i have to raise the river on hand 2. Worst case scenario is that you get 1 call, which is for sure going to happen. Best case you get 1 call, 1 raise, you cap, and you get 2 more calls, getting 8 more big bets in the pot rather than just 2. More likely scenario is the first one, but the second one, or somewhere in-between could happen.

I'm not sure I could lay down hand 1 either. You have an overpair...i'm guessing he had a higher overpair, queens or jacks since he didn't raise when the king fell?

Guy McSucker
11-15-2004, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: A check-call on the river seems appropriate. Otherwise good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think bet and fold to a raise looks good...

Any hand our hero beats, but which the opponent was not completely out of line with on the flop, will call a bet but would check behind, so betting gains us a bet when we're ahead. Hero has put in a lot of action so it would take a complete lunatic to raise with a hand worse than TT, so we don't lose anything by bet-folding.

Hand 2: I think this is a good spot to just call on the flop and see what turns. If you're ahead, your opponents have a lot of outs against you. They're not going away for this raise, so its EV is not so large. If you get a good turn card, then a turn raise gains lots of EV. If you get an ugly one, and there's action ahead of you, you can drop with a reasonably clear conscience.

It's almost right out of Ed Miller's book...

Definitely raise the river. Going for the overcall makes no sense when the BB will certainly call the raise.

Guy.