PDA

View Full Version : Empire raped my Neteller account help?

RustedCorpse
11-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Ok here's the story:

I got caught with multiple accounts on empire, one with 375 another with 500. They called me up and said I had to close one, I chose the one with 500 (the 375 is with my affiliate) so while on the phone they transfered the 500 to the other account. An hour later the account had 875 in it, I transfered all of that to neteller. At some point I made another withdrawl leaving my neteller balance at 423.

A week ago I got a check in the mail for 500 dollars stating that it was a refund from my now closed account. I deposited it in the bank, on a hunch I checked my neteller account a suddenly it's at 0. There was a withdrawl about a week and a half ago for 423 that I didn't make.

I'm under the assumption that party took the money, this has yet to be confirmed with neteller.

Has this happened to anyone else? What the hell is to prevent party poker from randomly making withdrawls from my account? This doesn't seem too secure.

Evan
11-15-2004, 09:21 AM
So you made $77 off of this whole fiasco?

FlFishOn
11-15-2004, 09:48 AM
That's all any online bankroll balance is, a junk bond. Same goes for Neteller oe Firepay balances as well as the balance you leave in any checking account tied to IgmPay or likewise. All principle is at risk. All the time. Look at your income stream from poker and compare it to your total at risk capital, just like a junk bond.

Granted some sites might be much higher rated than others but Moody's is not on the job.

RustedCorpse
11-15-2004, 09:48 AM
101 counting the thirty five you owe me turd, but that's not the point, they shouldn't be allowed to randomly do sheat like that.

RustedCorpse
11-15-2004, 09:51 AM
hmm I called and complained and they gave me the 423 in my account. I wonder if the check is going to clear... very interesting....

Evan
11-15-2004, 09:53 AM
It's 32 dousche bag

Evan
11-15-2004, 09:54 AM
I smell wire fraud. Can you say "Federal pound me in the ass prison"?

sfer
11-15-2004, 10:06 AM
There is a lot of differentiation between high yield paper. Calling something risky because it's subinvestment grade is not particularly descriptive.

And there is also a big difference between Neteller/Party/IGM pay defaulting and therefore leaving your account balances in limbo and those parties willfully moving your money at their discretion. Only one is by definition fraud.

StellarWind
11-15-2004, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And there is also a big difference between Neteller/Party/IGM pay defaulting and therefore leaving your account balances in limbo and those parties willfully moving your money at their discretion. Only one is by definition fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's an ethical difference.

In an offshore online world without accounting transparency or a functioning legal system there isn't much practical difference.

Evan
11-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Oh my god, Stellar left the SS forum!!!!!!!!

sfer
11-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Neteller is based in Canada, which has much stricter financial regulations than the US.

ebranig
11-15-2004, 03:41 PM
You should be glad they let you keep a dime. You're a cheater and you ruin things for honest players.

BusterStacks
11-15-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should be glad they let you keep a dime. You're a cheater and you ruin things for honest players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please make this your last post.

ebranig
11-15-2004, 04:24 PM
'Scuse me. I read the post wrong, only skimmed it. For some reason I read the post as "I was colluding on two accounts at empire and i got caught and they made me close one".

My mistake. please forgive my former post.

MicroBob
11-15-2004, 04:42 PM
But this thread can still serve as a reminder of the dangers/inconveniences one can have by trying the old 2-accounts-at-1-site bit.

There are so many skins out there that you should be able to get a decent rake-plan at one of them without having to open up a 2nd account at the same skin.

Then again, a lot of bonus-whores made out like bandits on the whole Empire-500 thing by opening up a zillion accounts and didn't seem to suffer any reprecussion to my knowledge....so what do i know.

BottlesOf
11-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Dude. I told you so.

I've been around these boards...I've seen such things.

Evan
11-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Now they have his picture next to Josh's. Who's going down next?

sfer
11-15-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

ebranig
11-15-2004, 10:14 PM
see above. (sorry again)

RustedCorpse
11-20-2004, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller is based in Canada, which has much stricter financial regulations than the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so biased Dave.

RustedCorpse
11-20-2004, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honest poker players have -EV.

RustedCorpse
11-20-2004, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But this thread can still serve as a reminder of the dangers/inconveniences one can have by trying the old 2-accounts-at-1-site bit.

There are so many skins out there that you should be able to get a decent rake-plan at one of them without having to open up a 2nd account at the same skin.

Then again, a lot of bonus-whores made out like bandits on the whole Empire-500 thing by opening up a zillion accounts and didn't seem to suffer any reprecussion to my knowledge....so what do i know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I got nabbed for that too. In fact I only know one person who got the bonus successfully. MarkL something or other. Were there others?

sthief09
12-03-2004, 07:06 AM
yeah, I made would've claimed $2600 (5x500 + a $100 affiliate bonus) in bonuses during the fake Empire500 period, and all I had to do to get an account unlocked was send a picture of a license with a different name than the account holder I was sending it on behalf of. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif cheap Indian tech support!

Michael Davis
12-03-2004, 07:21 AM
"yeah, I made would've claimed $2600 (5x500 + a $100 affiliate bonus) in bonuses during the fake Empire500 period, and all I had to do to get an account unlocked was send a picture of a license with a different name than the account holder I was sending it on behalf of. I cheap Indian tech support!"

You must really love Indian tech support because now you are writing like they do.

-Michael