PDA

View Full Version : 3-Handed 10-20 Hand: Brilliance or...?

07-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Playing in a VERY good 3-handed 10-20 game online. I'm in the BB with 89s. Button folds. SB raises. I call. Flop comes 7h 5c 10d, giving me the open ender. SB checks, I bet, he raises. I call. Anyone 3 bet here for a free turn card? Turn is a 2d. He bets, I call. Self explanatory I think. River is the 10s, pairing the board (7h 5c 10d 2d 10s). He bets, I raise on a complete bluff thinking he may fold an AK holding. He folds, I win. Comments on how the hand was played are vastly appreciated...I'm real excited for the responses, so may crosspost if I don't get any here.

Thx,

Jeff

07-18-2002, 01:37 PM
Preflop call is automatic and you might even consider 3-betting if that often allows you to steal on the flop. Normally, just calling is fine though.

Automatic bet on the flop, but you should be suspicious of the check. Because for him, after a raise preflop, a flopbet is almost automatic. So he either has totally nothing or a fairly strong hand and plans to check-raise. Since the board is fairly innocent, you have to worry about the latter.

Now I dont like the free card play shorthanded, and never HU. You simply give away to much information with it. Suppose he has the same hand. You'll lose if you do the free card play (against good opponents, because they WILL bet), and likely win if you do not (because you HAVE to bet the river).

So the choice is to play it incredibly hard, or let it play itself (i.e. call-call and fold when missed). Now, since you have to worry about his funky flop play, I like just calling the flop.

Now the turn brings an innocent card, so IMO not a good moment for a semi bluff (I would most likely raise the turn on an ace etc if opponent can lay down something). So the call is fine.

The river depends all on your opponent. I know players who would almost never fold the river. I know players who fold the river a lot. So good judgement.

Well played.

Regards

07-29-2002, 02:57 PM
"Turn is a 2d. He bets, I call. Self explanatory I think"

horrid i think. 3 handed you want to raise here on the turn except against all but the most obvious opponents.

08-01-2002, 11:40 AM
I think excellently played