PDA

View Full Version : What to expect from dualtabling sng

MyMindIsGoing
11-15-2004, 06:17 AM
What can a decent to good sng player expect to make with an extra table. Of cource the best would be if the hourly rate went up 100% but I don't think many had that much profit from going from one to two tables. But what is reasonable? As I see it even if the extra table makes your hourly rate go up 50% its well worth it, but the question is, will it go up 50%+ for a decent to good player?

Shanemex
11-15-2004, 06:36 AM
I see no reason why it shouldn't got up 90-100%, especially if you stagger the starting times. You don't play many hands in the first three levels so it doesn't require much attention. Just start the second one somewhere in level three and focus on the first. By the time the second one gets near the bubble the first should be over. Then once you get comfortable with two, add a third, fourth, and then keep going till 16.

captZEEbo1
11-15-2004, 12:34 PM
I find I actually do better when I multi-table. If you are concentrating, you can still take plenty of notes. Maybe it's just tailored to me, but when I only play one table, I find myself playing marginal hands early mostly out of boredom, which leads to terrible calls of big bets. But when you multitable, there are more things to keep you occupied. Like trying to take brief notes on 18-54 people (when I 6-table).

The only REAL loss you can expect in multitabling is not taking enough notes on players. With two tables and concentration, you should easily be able to get most all of the notes you need. If you can't make quick shorthanded decisions, then you should stagger the starts of the sngs, so you don't have to have two shorthanded games going on at the same time. Early play is really easy (fold most everything pretty much).

lorinda
11-15-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm going to make the assumption that you posted this because you are considering the switch.

My thoughts would be that if you are in it for the money, rather than learning (One table is the only way for learning) then it doesn't matter if you go up 0% because you will get better as you get used to it.

It's a very individual question, some take to it very easily, others struggle, but I think you'll find that after a short time you'll not be any worse off and gaining experience all the time after that.

Lori

skirtus
11-15-2004, 01:39 PM
I single tables my first 100 SnGs. Ive 2 tabled ever since. Never noticed a significant ROI difference. But than I havent logged enough to compare. I start mine at the same time but staggering is beneficial. 2 bubbles at the same time is kinda hectic. I think once you try it you will adjust. But make sure you are a winning player first. Im working towards 4 tabling once I upgrade to a new monitor.