PDA

View Full Version : Sanity check 2: aces up

Richard Berg
11-15-2004, 06:11 AM
As the title implies, I don't expect to uncover difficult principles...just making sure I'm on the right track.

I'm sitting at a table with about half TAG friends / half fishy strangers. My image at the moment is one of having pushed the table around: successfully bluffing busted draws, but not yet showing down a loser the times my aggression has been called down (I run g00t). Buddies in EP all fold, very loose MP limps, CO folds. Blinds are unknown to me, I decide to raise A3/images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button. Unfortunately everyone calls.

Flop A32r, none of my suit. Checked to me, I bet, SB folds, BB and MP call.

Turn 8. Checked to me, I bet, BB raises, MP coldcalls, I reraise, BB caps, MP folds, I call.

River K, completing running hearts. Check-check.

gaming_mouse
11-15-2004, 06:17 AM
I put BB on a set. But I think you played it right.

gm

AdamL
11-15-2004, 07:54 AM
I tend to just call the turn raise, with not much by way of draws out there. (Sure 56 might be there.)

The call saves money against sets and keeps him betting whatever he's excited about, if it's worse than aces-up.

Wierd river on his part, not consistent with the cap. It definitely looks like he thinks you have made a better two-pair (with AK).

Did he have A8s?

Richard Berg
11-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Does that include calling the river? All the potentially overplayed redraws got there.