PDA

View Full Version : Desireable Stats?

Rounder041
11-15-2004, 04:38 AM
I play 3-4 tables of 5/10 6max on Party, im a noob to posting on here, but am looking to do so more often.
If someone can give me desireable stats to have, or give me a link to a post with good stats that would be greatly apreciated. Also, I was wondering if one would play better concentrating on 3 tables instead of 4, how much concentration is lost 8 tabling? do you get better reads if you play less tables?
thanks

Scotch78
11-15-2004, 05:04 AM
Stats are really only instructive in hindsight. Read a lot and post specific hands that you're unsure about. And yes, each table you had makes it harder to read your opponents. Short-handed, not many people go past four tables.

Scott

PS I'd recommend switching to the 1/2 game for awhile.

Rounder041
11-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Why do you think I should play 1/2? Ive played it for quite some time, and I am comfortable with the 5/10 game.

Scotch78
11-15-2004, 06:49 PM
So that you can give your money to me instead of the 5/10 crowd.

Scott

NLSoldier
11-15-2004, 09:40 PM
LOL.

Scotch, I will agree that Rounder's post sounds a little on the ignorant side. But whose first few posts don't? I don't think that automatically qualifies someone as a losing player.

In this particular case, I happen to know Rounder is a good player and a winning player, and I was the one who strongly advised him to move up to the 5/10 game.

Try to be a little more careful with what you assume about people based on their post count or on one post that is not even related to strategy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scotch78
11-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Ehh, I hate public apologies. I guess it was just a matter of time though, given how irrascible I've been of late. Sorry about that Rounder. However, I do still think moving down to 1/2 is the way to go for now. As TOP says, winning poker is more about what to think--what questions to ask yourself--than about what to do. Your questions give me the feeling you are thinking about the wrong things. If NLSoldier has confidence in you, you must be doing at least some of the right things, but in the long run that won't be enough unless you're doing them for the right reasons, i.e. thinking the right things.

Scott

Rounder041
11-15-2004, 10:57 PM
I apreciate it, and apreciate the critisizm, I realize that the post was a little lowsy, but im working on it, just need some practice at that. Plus I wanted to hear others opinions. Anyway, thanks for commenting.