PDA

View Full Version : hand to talk about

07-16-2002, 08:00 AM
I had the following hand in last night playing in the short handed study group. I would like anyones opinion on how I played the hand.

I raise first in with red aces. Big slim who is next to act reraises everyone folds and action is back to me and I reraise. Big slim calls.

Flop comes Qd 9c Qc

I check, Big slim bets 100 I call

Turn Qd 9c Qc 7s

I check,Big Slim bets I call

River Qd 9d Qc 7s Js

I check Big Slim bets, I make a crying call, Big slim turns over KQ off to take it down.

How many of you would have raised somewhere along the way? How many of you would have folded on the turn. Was I correct for going into check and call mode? I figured I reraised preflop and he bet right into me, he had to have at least AQ if not a flopped set.

Thanks

MK

07-16-2002, 02:47 PM
I believe leading out on the flop would save you at least one BB here. After all if you come out firing and he raises what can he have? If that happens you can try it again on the turn if you like but are sure to get raised here as well. Now you can save a small bet by folding. Falling in love with aces is always expensive but you can limit your losses without playing them as weak as you chose to do.

Btw, my computer crashed hard last night and I never got it back up to rejoin the group. I apologize for my sudded departure but it was WAY beyond my control. /images/smile.gif

Jimbo

07-26-2002, 10:50 AM
Jimbo is so right. I would come out betting representing AA - QQ, AKs(whatelse could u have capped outta position with preflop?). If I get raised on flop, i bet turn again and get raised again, then i fold. If i get raised on turn, i drop there too. but truthfully, it doesn't matter much, cause you don't get AA all the time, and AA don't get cracked all the time, so against an aggressive player, i might do what u did...

kenny