PDA

View Full Version : 2/5 B&M Flopped a set on very loose table

PhatPots
11-15-2004, 01:28 AM
The table I am playing at is has about 6 loose players, who play 60% of their hands, any ace, 69o, etc. Very pass, they don't raise preflop with QQ or AK
Preflop: Hero is UTG with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="red">Hero Raises</font>,UTG1 folds, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, button calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="red">BB bets </font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB folds

I realized I should have probably raised the BB right away and for anyone making a flush draw make them have to pay? But I got greedy, I think. I was hoping that someone would raise the BB and I would 3 bet.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button Checks

This confuses me, because I think the BB might have been going for a check raise because he seemed to be one of the tighter players. Should I have bet here?

River: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Button bets</font> BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

I thought I was probably beat here, but I had to call one bet because the pot had gotten pretty big, I thought she might have two pair or something.

How bad was my call on the end?

bisonbison
11-15-2004, 02:11 AM
raise the flop, bet/raise the turn, bet the river. Not calling the river would be a travesty after you played the turn so weakly.

Grease
11-15-2004, 02:16 AM
Your call on the end was the least of your problems. You flopped a set in a raised pot with obvious flush and straight draws abounding, yet you decided to give a cheap card to all those behind you. A flop raise is imperitive. If three bet, it's an easy cap. You said the people were very passive, but you wanted them to raise an early better who bet into the pre flop raiser.
The turn is just as bad. You must bet here to protect your hand. You gave any moron with a stray diamond a free shot at your hand. If you get check-raised by a flush, you're not drawing dead, and if the BB is a tightish player, he could check raise with less than a flush.
Yet again, you should have led the river and grudgingly called a raise.
You raised PF, but took no other opportunity to extract the most from this wonderful hand you've been given. I hope you took it down, but you left a ton of bets on the table. Good luck in the future, and I hope I helped.

Gatts
11-15-2004, 02:18 AM
Well, you got preflop right.

PhatPots
11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Button Shows Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP mucked it. My set of jacks was no good /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The woman who took down this pot was a terrible player. She was cold calling raises preflop with any two cards. She played 90% of her hands and during the course of 3 hours, she had 4 full houses, 6 flush and about 3 or 4 straights. Unfortunately she left the table before I could get any $$$ from her. And just as she left all young kids who were good players sat down. I moved up to 5/10 and the new 5/10 table I moved to had terrible players too.

It was a frustrating day, during my 8 hour session, I went a stretch of 2.5 hours without playing a single hand. I was so cold. My little brother was saying that I was Plankton, the fish eat me!

eh923
11-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Pots don't get Phat all by themselves. They get Phat when someone with top set raises the flop, bets/raises the turn despite a potential scare card, and bets the river.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I was probably beat here, but I had to call one bet because the pot had gotten pretty big

[/ QUOTE ] That was a TINY pot compared to how it should've been.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought she might have two pair or something.

[/ QUOTE ] Bad opponents normally don't even have that good a hand. Play your sets fast, especially against a coordinated board and crappy opposition.

RichHarden
11-15-2004, 04:07 PM
You definitely should have lost more, and you can't be happy that your mistakes saved you money.