PDA

View Full Version : anyone play absolute 1-2 6 max?

scotnt73
11-15-2004, 12:37 AM
i can easily beat the party 1/2 6 max and the gaming club 1/2 and 2/4 6 max. thinking about going for the 35% first time deposit at absolute. bonus whores says the absolute short handed can be kind of tuff sometimes. anyone care to compare it to party and gc for me? thank much.

SlantNGo
11-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Their 0.5/1 6-max was pretty easy, although I noticed a few decent players, all weak-tight. Haven't tried their 1/2 6-max though.

naphand
11-15-2004, 01:36 PM
I have yeet to see any tough games on Absolute. Most of the players are there for the bonus, and from what I have seen the need it. I have to say I have chunk of unclaimed bonus there, as the $2/$4 game is hardly ever running (plenty of poor players, maybe absolutely terrible but too passive and too loose, lots of calling-with-any-kind-of-draw). I had a horrible run on the $2/$4 and $3/$6 recently, with endless 2-4 outers catching me on the Turn and River. The $3/$6 was populated by LAG psychos who cap PF with hands like 86s MP and absolutely hate getting 3-bet by anyone. The $2/$4 is certainly beatable. I have not met a decent player there yet.

As there is a lot of bonus in the account I sometimes "relax" after a day elsewhere, playing 100-200 hands. The players do raise with good hands, and they will 3-bet with very good hands, but they cold-call far too often (if they like their pockets at all, they play them). They don't raise TP (except with an A or K kicker) they play suited cards too freely. In short, the game is soft but people will fold. Usually I find I get called a lot until I show some decent hands, then they tend to respect your play more. This, to me, indicates there are quite a few LAG players who try to bully the games. The games are reasonably quick, and there are certainly better players that Party, but thatr just makes the fish easy to spot and exploit.