PDA

View Full Version : TPTK out of position to a preflop raiser

Vish
11-15-2004, 12:34 AM
It's level 1 in a $10 PP SNG. I'm in the SB with AJo. Villain1 in MP raises to 50, and Villain2 to his left calls. I call, the flop is Jc Tc 4h. I check, Villain1 bets 50, Villain2 calls, I raise to 175, Villain1 quickly calls, Villain2 folds. The turn is the Qc. I check, Villain1 bets 150. What do I do?

I ended up folding for these reasons: The small preflop raise and the quick flop call made me suspicious of an over-pair. If he had AK, he had the straight. His turn bet was rather small for a bluff at the queen. It looked like he was trying to keep me in. I guess he could have a flush too. I feel like I bungled this completely. I got almost exactly the flop I wanted, and couldn't stop thinking of all the hands that beat me. What do you all think?

Irieguy
11-15-2004, 12:37 AM
This hand is next to impossible to play for a profit post flop. It's a very clear fold in level 1.

Irieguy

lastchance
11-15-2004, 12:43 AM
Yeah, I agree. AJo out of position is horrible L1, especially facing a raise.

Vish
11-15-2004, 01:00 AM
I didn't realize the answer was so simple. Glad I asked. Thanks guys!

ChrisV
11-15-2004, 01:27 AM
I wouldn't say AJ was horrible full stop in L1, but to a raise its definitely horrible. I'll limp it in as everyone always helpfully raises AQ, so if it's all limps I feel assured I have the best ace.

captZEEbo1
11-15-2004, 12:56 PM
NEVER call early raises with AJo, EVEN if the raise is a minimum raise, AJ is just not a profitable hand. If the guy has KK, it should be an easy laydown if the A hits. If the A hits and he bets, what do you do, he could just as easily have TT-KK as he could have AK or AQ.