PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever play NL stud?

PackerFan22
11-15-2004, 12:15 AM
if you get JJ22334
do you call an all in on river by good stud player (say, ted forrest) on the last street?

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Snoogins47
11-15-2004, 05:55 AM
Yes

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rdu $teve
11-15-2004, 11:52 AM
I have enough trouble playing PL stud. I wouldnt even think of playing NL.

I think that hand would be easy enough to drop in almost any game.

Al Mirpuri
11-15-2004, 01:04 PM
No.

You can find NL 5 & 7 Stud at www.gamingclubpoker.com. (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com.)

TomCollins
11-15-2004, 01:36 PM
You didn't mention his hand.

Andy B
11-15-2004, 05:18 PM
You don't give us enough information to make a judgment. Some things that might be good to know:

1) What is the other guy showing?

2) What has the action been thus far?

3) How large is this alleged bet relative to the size of the pot?

4) Where do they play no-limit stud?

5) What the hell am I doing in a game with Ted Forrest anyway?

Basically, with your two open pair, it's kinda tough to call a significant bet. A reasonable opponent probably isn't going to be making a large bet with a hand you can beat.

BTW, I wouldn't say that Forrest is merely "good."

Runner Runner
11-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Jacks up facing an allin from Ted Forrest, easy call. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif