PDA

View Full Version : wowowowowowowowowow...

daryn
11-14-2004, 11:31 PM
maybe it was posted already, but who cares! mat, or chuck, or whoever does it brought back that feature where it automatically takes you to the first post in a thread that you haven't read.

how good!

nolanfan34
11-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Is this recent? This is how it's always been for me, takes me to the first new post I haven't read in a thread.

ThaSaltCracka
11-15-2004, 01:07 AM
me too

daryn
11-15-2004, 02:04 AM
for me it used to be like that, then for a long time it wasn't. now it's back.

i know it was like that for others too, because there were posts about it when it went away.

BottlesOf
11-15-2004, 02:12 AM
Hey D. What are you talking about?

gavrilo
11-15-2004, 02:25 AM
same here, but i'm pretty sure this changed awhile ago, weeks if not longer. there was a thread in the zoo, but way too lazy to look for it.

Lazymeatball
11-15-2004, 09:43 AM
yes, there were other threads celebrating the reinstatement of the 'skip to last read' feature.

on a side note: every once in a while every thread on 2+2 gets marked as read for no reason, making it impossible to comb through the list looking for threads I missed. anyone else get that?

TylerD
11-15-2004, 10:04 AM
Yes I get that - very annoying.

The "skip to first unread" thing has been back for 1 or 2 months I think.

nicky g
11-15-2004, 10:06 AM
I get all sorts of weird things like threads I open repeatedly insisting I've not read them (especially in the PLO forum), threads I've never opened saying I've read half of them, etc etc. The skip to first unread thing has been working for me for ages.

Porcupine
11-15-2004, 10:21 AM
No luck with the search.

How do I use/activate this feature?

theBruiser500
11-15-2004, 10:27 AM
yeah i was wondering what's up with this. it seems to work more or less randomly for me.

daryn
11-15-2004, 07:36 PM
ok, i figured out why i just realized this now.

before, you used to click the post, and it would take you to the next unread post. that was great.

then, it stopped doing that. it would just take you to the top. that sucked if the thread was huge and there were a ton of new responses.

so during that time, what i would do is, instead of clicking on the actual post link, i would click over to the right, where it shows "last post by". clicking that would take me to the bottom instead of the top, and then i'd scroll up to read anything i hadn't.

i guess i got so used to doing that that i didn't realize when they fixed it. oh well, oh baby!

Porcupine
11-16-2004, 01:23 PM
click the post, and it would take you to the next unread post. that was great.

Even today, when I click the post, it just takes me to the first post /images/graemlins/confused.gif