PDA

View Full Version : Martin Dekniff

NLfool
11-14-2004, 11:02 PM
I've only seen him play twice on TV and the guy in my opinion makes so few mistakes I'd think he would get more press or I'd see at the final table more often. Is it that he plays so few tourneys or that he has no gimmick.

ToledoTommy
11-14-2004, 11:16 PM
I think his anonimity is by design. He is an excellent poker player, no doubt.

phixxx
11-15-2004, 12:14 AM
He owns way too hard..what style he has.

emil3000
11-15-2004, 12:52 PM
It's funny, all swedes that appear always do excellent. Maybe it's because swedes are a SUPERIOR RACE?

(Mattias Andersson does not count).

ToledoTommy
11-15-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
swedes are a SUPERIOR RACE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's why for centuries the Swedes have slowly been preparing for their turn at world domination. Giving out peace prizes, making little meatballs, it's just been a PLOY!

tek
11-15-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's funny, all swedes that appear always do excellent. Maybe it's because swedes are a SUPERIOR RACE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those Scandinavians and their high suicide rate are superior. They haven't been superior since the Vikings peaked 700 years ago...

NLfool
11-15-2004, 04:26 PM
swedes are sweet especially the blonde busty bombshells. Though everyone who has been to iceland has told me per capita the girls there are the hottest

ToledoTommy
11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
everyone who has been to iceland has told me per capita the girls there are the hottest

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a break. At least you have one thing to do in Iceland.

zaxx19
11-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Most underatted NLH player in the world bar-none. Won the 2nd biggest poker tourney ever and did so without really much difficulty.(WPT SEASON 2)Played brilliantly at the WSOP though lost eventually to Keller. Man understands when to be agressive and when to take a step back and allow others too knock themselves out. If he devoted himself fully too poker it is truly SCARY the potential results this guy would have(i think he would surpass Gus Hansen without question).

zaxx19
11-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Swedish gurls are like big gurls so im not into that at all...hottest chicks definitely VENEZUELA OR BRAZILIANS those latin gurls are nuts.......

ligastar
11-15-2004, 08:42 PM
In the past he has made a living betting on soccer so he may have steady income coming from his success in this arena as well.

Greg H.

Daliman
11-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Probably the most solid player I have ever seen in TV action. Never ONCE saw him make a dicey move.

NLfool
11-15-2004, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably the most solid player I have ever seen in TV action. Never ONCE saw him make a dicey move.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the amazing part in the 2 times I've seen him play on TV he's made like 1 move that was questionable otherwise he played basically perfectly. Truely amazing was his WPT win, basically dominating the final table. Maybe Gotmilk can give us more insight

Daliman
11-16-2004, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the amazing part in the 2 times I've seen him play on TV he's made like 1 move that was questionable otherwise he played basically perfectly. Truely amazing was his WPT win, basically dominating the final table. Maybe Gotmilk can give us more insight

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should say this. Milky said MD made plenty of mistakes, and likes his chances vs that lineup anytime....

Trainwreck
11-16-2004, 02:35 AM
Hey, you gotta take the good with the bad... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

>TW<

Lamby2
11-16-2004, 04:51 AM
Hi,

I know a little about my Swedish collegue :-) He do not want to have the publicity because today his main income is to beat wealthy poker tourists in Vegas. If he got more publicity he will be recognised at the atbles and it will descrease his winnings at ringtables.

I am quite sure that the 10 best players in the world do not play in any place where they get media attention because of this reason.

Michael Davis
11-16-2004, 05:34 AM
"I am quite sure that the 10 best players in the world do not play in any place where they get media attention because of this reason."

It's tough to get media attentinon when you're playing online.

-Michael

Anadrol 50
11-16-2004, 10:39 AM
He lives in Vegas now ?

Greg (FossilMan)
11-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Poker doesn't work that way.

The stronger your reputation, the more likely the suckers will want to play with you. The rich guy who isn't a top player doesn't want to play against a bunch of so-call nobodies. He wants to play against the best in the world, and try to beat them. Kinda like the Andy Beal thing. Martin will not get less poker action because he becomes known as a champ, but actually will get more action.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

jar
11-16-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm curious how players have reacted to you in the ring games at Foxwoods since your big win. I watched you play a few hands, and there is definately that temptation to sit just to say you played one of the big names. 75/150 Omaha is not really my game though /images/graemlins/smile.gif Do you ever jump into a lower game just to give some players a story to tell? I've heard about Men Nguyen and Daniel Negreanu sitting in 4/8 while there for the WPT.

Lamby2
11-17-2004, 05:37 AM
Yes , he does.

I am not updated with the latest but he used to live 6 month in Wegas and 6 month in Sweden. He has a young son so I guess that will be the big factor where to live.

BR
Lamby

Lamby2
11-17-2004, 05:45 AM
Hi,

if you say it is like that I believe you, I mean you are in position to speak from own experiance.

I rephrase my statement. The top 10 players in the world plays in a way that gives them the biggest EV.
If it is to get famous and that way creat +EV or stay away from publicity and that way find the great games I do not know but my guess it is little up to how you are as an individual as well. Being famous has killed many good sportsmen and I am sure that goes for poker as well.

Thanks for your comment Greg.

BR
Lamby

JiWe
11-17-2004, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those Scandinavians and their high suicide rate are superior. They haven't been superior since the Vikings peaked 700 years ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

we where superior in the 1500-1600 as well when Sweden was a superpower occupying large parts of europe and baltikum, but some germans at lützen(not sure on the spelling) stopped that and later the russians.

But now we are just waiting for the right moment to take over the Wor.....Poker world /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

emil3000
11-17-2004, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we where superior in the 1500-1600 as well when Sweden was a superpower occupying large parts of europe and baltikum, but some germans at lützen(not sure on the spelling) stopped that and later the russians.

But now we are just waiting for the right moment to take over the Wor.....Poker world /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And we've got the perfect slowrunning economy and non-existent military to do it with. Only problem is in America everyone's got at least something semi-automatic. The civilians there could be a major problem when we invade.

Toro
11-17-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And we've got the perfect slowrunning economy and non-existent military to do it with. Only problem is in America everyone's got at least something semi-automatic. The civilians there could be a major problem when we invade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about that too much. Every deer hunter I know comes back empty handed year after year.

zaxx19
11-18-2004, 05:04 AM
Im not going to be rude here but Greg Raymer is no Daniel Negreanu....or John Juanda...all respect due to Raymer given; but he plays a hyper-aggressive style caught alot of hands and won a ton of races. Raymer is definitely a fearless and tough opponent but im not throwing money out to sit with Greg Raymer like I might to sit with Chan,Brunson,Negreanu,Hellmuth...etc etc...Then again im not a millionaire that plays Borgata or Foxwoods 3 times a year so perhaps this post is a waste of time lol

private joker
11-18-2004, 07:25 AM
If I hear one more announcer talk about Martin "The Knife" DeKnijff "cutting up his competition" then I'm going to shoot myself in the nads.