PDA

View Full Version : 7 card stud question

Greg J
11-14-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm looking to expand out of the world of limit hold em, and am playing some 7 card stud, just to keep poker fun. I am playing .02/.04 game at Paradise. I really don't know what the hell I'm doing but I'm having a blast all the same. I do plan on getting better as I go along.

There is, however, something that confuses teh hell out of me, and I know there must be a simple answer and I'm a little embrassed to ask, but I would rather be just stupid than stupid and ignorant /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

There are 52 cards in a deck, so how can you have 8 players in this game. If all stay in (which doesn't happen really I know, but theoretically could), that means 56 cards are necessary. So, what is up with that? How is this resolved on seventh street?

Thanks

Also, any good books would be appreciated -- something simple before I move up to the 2+2 book.

slavic
11-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Everyone gets 1 community card on seventh street.

Big Country
11-15-2004, 06:39 PM
And I once had it happen on back to back hands in Reno.... dealer had just mentione dthat he hadn't had to go to a community card in close to 7 years. I think a small pair took the pot in both cases.

After that the card room manager came over and put two free buffet comps in the next pot to encourage a bit more action.... it worked.