PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Dynasty!

07-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Had a great time with the shorthanded group tonight. Two comments:

1. Early on we weren't discussing hands much. I learned a lot more when you were commenting on our play frequently.

2. Maybe someone with pull at UB can ask for reserved 5 handed tables for us? MSSunshine seems to know many folks in the online poker world, so if he's reading this, please lemme know if you could do that. I would ask myself but my request to open a new table tonight was met with a curt (not mean, just curt) negative. /images/tongue.gif

Thanks again!

07-09-2002, 08:29 AM
Hammuh,

I agree that we should have commented more about our hands and the types of manueuvers that we made, and why we made them.

I think that once we all started discussing starting hands and why we made certain plays,the play seemed better.

I think everyone needs to chime inon the discussion and most important, check the ego at the lobby /images/tongue.gif

Nice playing with you, and if I ever play in a home game with you, I will remember my gun..haha

MK

07-09-2002, 11:01 AM
LOL...old men and guns.....

The discussion helps a lot but the damn turbo table doesn't help.....start discussing a hand and all of a sudden 5 deals have passed. The hand histories are atrocious as well....I couldn't figure out how to get it to print!!!!!!none the less, I learned again last night. Made some awful laydowns to Dynasty's raises....thanks again to all and see you soon,

General things I noticed,

1) Cold calling often rather than 3 betting, it seems to me that if your hand is good enough to play against a raise, you have to try to get it heads up.

2) loose open raising? I noticed opening with a lone big card or something like J7s and thought this was too loose, I could be completely wrong.

3) When I get 3 bet by Dynasty when I open raise on the button with an A, I'm going to the river.lol

Allan

07-12-2002, 10:50 AM
I can get reserved tables at partypoker.com I haven't followed the thread but if dynasty will be making comments on the play and we will be showing down hands I'd be quite interested in joining this group and will happily reserve a table at partypoker.

07-12-2002, 12:03 PM
Jordan,

Please hook us up for Monday night at 7:30 pm EST.

We all would appreciate it.

Thanks..please e mail if you can to confirm defen1220@aol.com

MK