PDA

View Full Version : yuck, did I cost myself this pot, or did I play it ok?

Alobar
11-14-2004, 10:12 PM
BB in this hand is a big fishy, likes to see lots of flops, and likes to call.

party 5/10 6max

Im in the cutoff with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG raises, folded to me and I 3 bet, BB calls, UTG caps, we both call.

flop: (12SB) A /images/graemlins/club.gif: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, UTG bets, I call, BB calls

Turn: (7.5BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
check, bet, call, call

River: (10.5BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, I bet, BB raises, UTG folds, I call.

What do I do with this kind of hand? Should I raise at some point to get the BB out? but that gives UTG the chance to fold his worse hand, and 3 bet me with his better hand.

I definitely should have folded to the river c/r, BB wasnt the type to get tricky with an ace, so it had to be the FH.

joker122
11-14-2004, 11:34 PM
my SOP is to fold preflop against an unknown.

why didn't you raise the flop? i understand that you are either way ahead or way behind UTG, but BB's presence adds another element to the hand. he's getting odds to call 1 bet with 5 outs, but not to call 2 bets.

Scotch78
11-15-2004, 03:19 AM
The BB called two cold pre-flop, so unless he just flopped bottom set, I'm not too worried about letting him draw. If he has a nine and gets correct odds to call, so be it. I think he has a PP way more often and I want him to subsidize me against UTG.

Scott

Rounder041
11-15-2004, 03:37 AM
Why not raise the flop, if UTG has big PP, I think he still bets here since he capped, get the BB out, and see if UTG three bets.

Scotch78
11-15-2004, 03:43 AM
If UTG has KK, QQ, etc., I don't want him to think I have an ace. As to the BB, I already said why I'd rather have him stay in.

Scott

Rascal
11-15-2004, 09:37 AM
if u didnt raise preflop and ur playing to the raiser UTG when he bet the pot i would have raised. now if he calls the raise u know ur probably beat. but id put him on JJ or 1010 a10... he raised pre indicating strong hand ur drawing but cant really have reraised the flop cant have hit trips because he probably would have checked it. only ak aq and a9 beats ur hold or bottom two pair. i think ud have won the pot with a ballsy reraise.