PDA

View Full Version : Micro-NL (How to Play AA,KK, and QQ?)

toss
11-14-2004, 10:03 PM
So its $5 max (.05/.10 Blinds) and I see AA after a long drought of cards. I bet $3 (My stack is $7) and its folded to a guy with $8. He calls and flop comes 262 rainbow. I go all-in and he calls and flips over A2. Should I have pushed all-in preflop?

greg nice
11-14-2004, 10:18 PM
you surely shouldnt have raised to $3 with .10 big blind.

fimbulwinter
11-14-2004, 11:03 PM
I disagree. he has the nuts preflop and bet an insane amount and was called

that's all that matters. i've raised $100 preflop in the 200NL game and been called. preflop play, while normally the most robotic form of NL, is still situational. if the guy thought for sure he'd be called (IE the other guy was running hot and he knew for some reason he'd call $3 preflop but no more, then he made the perfect move).

OP- seriously, you got unlucky. variance happens. this reeks a little of bad beat; you wont get any sympathy here where people lose $1K pots to bad beats on a daily basis. one thing you might want to notice here (that will help you with your game in other situations) is the texture of the flop. namely that it has little; no draws, no broadway cards etc. allowing him to bet at you will get your money in while you're ahead and while you're behind, where (not particularly for this hand as 3/5 of your stack is already in) in the future, shoving a significant amount of money at this flop will only get you called by a two or maybe by a moron holding a PP. bottom line, if you can get the money in preflop with AA/KK, do it. by whatever legal means necessary. raising 30xBB in a bigger NL game will rarely if ever fly, but getting as much of your stack into the middle preflop as you can with such hands is still, and will always be, the goal.

fim

toss
11-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the insight. Whenever I play SnGs I always push AA/KK preflop and get any early chip lead.