PDA

View Full Version : Downswing, Blah Blah, Stats, Whine, Whine

jrobb83
11-14-2004, 09:19 PM
My downswing hit 270 BB's this afternoon, just wanted to vent a little and also post some of my stats to make sure I am not making any large, glaring mistakes that are causing me bleed chips.

Party 10/20

Hands: 8,184
vol. put $ in pot: 21.04
raised preflop: 15.71
vol. put $ in pot sb: 29.09
folded sb to steal: 90.29
folded bb to steal: 63.58
att. to steal blinds: 36.89
won $ when saw flop: 39.88
went to showdown: 33.60
won $ at showdown: 50.27
AF-F: 3.81
AF-T: 3.42
AF-R: 1.78

Overall, down about 50 BB. I realize that I could have this result even if playing very well over this small a sample size. Just wanted to find out now if I was doing anything obviously wrong. If there are other stats more relavent, please tell me and I'll post them. If you hate these posts and have come to hate me for making this post, feel free to respond accordingly.

stripsqueez
11-14-2004, 09:27 PM
the rule as agreed by a previous poll is that you will get ridiculed unless your downswing is 300BB's or more - 270 is close so personally i think a warning is sufficent

i think your stats generally look good - your went to showdown looks a bit low - perhaps your giving up on a few too many pots

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

balkii
11-14-2004, 09:32 PM
i dont understand, are you down 270 BBs or 50?

if you are down 50 BBs over 8000 hands, then this is pointless, as you know you are a winning player and this is well withing the normal variance for that game.

if you are down 270 BBs over 8000 hands, then this is still pointless because if you have been hanging around here for a while (which you have) you know the game well enough that your stats will not look extremely different from anyone elses.

seriously these stats posts are worthless unless you're a total noob with a VPIP of 78 and a PFR of 0 and a WSD of 100. i mean really you know the game well enough that posting your stats here is pointless. and I dont even care that its 8000 hands. you could do a "800K hand checkup" and it wouldnt make a difference.

jrobb83
11-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Overall I'm down 50, in the last 3k hands or so down 270. But thanks for kicking my ass over this post. I know for the most part it is worthless, I'm just not used to dropping 5k over 4 days, but I had better get used to it. What I hoped to get from this post was the blind stealing/defending stats optimized. But mainly I am being a whiny bitch because I lost a bunch of money and feel like I suck at poker.

Schneids
11-14-2004, 09:45 PM
My last 60,000 hands I have went to showdown 33.41% (low by strip's standards) but win 55.5% at showdown. So you either suck at selecting when to go to showdown or else you run bad.

That's the only think that really jumps out at me when looking at your stats, since the less often you're going to showdown the more often you should win at showdown, in theory.

Danenania
11-15-2004, 03:45 AM
Schneids or strip or anyone,

Do either of you have any theories as to how the less agressive 5/10 game might alter the parameters for a "good" went to showdown %? Mine hovers around 31-32%. Win at showdown is around 55%. Worried that I might not be calling down enough.

naphand
11-15-2004, 03:53 PM
There was no "rule", there was only a poll.

A poll is a measure of opinion. Early polls showed John Kerry was winning the election, global polls show that George Bush is a monkey. While polls may allow you to say "early leaders lose elections" and "George Bush is probably a monkey" you cannot say for sure that "John Kerry should have won" or "America votes for monkeys".

MEbenhoe
11-15-2004, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I hoped to get from this post was the blind stealing/defending stats optimized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your attempt to steal blind percentage is good. Your percentage of folding to a steal raise in the SB is way too high,unless you've just been getting a terrible run of cards when facing a steal raise in the SB.