PDA

View Full Version : KJs gets 3-bet

jrobb83
11-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Party 10/20 5 handed

Opponent: 35% vpip, 17% pfr, 1.94 postflop aggro factor

I open raise K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP, am 3-bet by CO, folds around to me and I call.

Flop(7.5sb): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
I check, CO bets, I call.

Turn(4.75bb): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (J/images/graemlins/heart.gif)
I check, CO bets, I call.

River(6.75bb): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (J/images/graemlins/club.gif)
I bet, CO raises, I call.

Ponks
11-14-2004, 09:06 PM
I think it looks fine although I think I'd end up 3-betting the river.

Ponks

PackerFan22
11-14-2004, 09:25 PM
he has ace jack

RunDownHouse
11-14-2004, 11:00 PM
You're really that worried about AJ? I would have led the turn to see if he raises there, and then lead the river again.

Anybody else take that line, or is it one of those lines that will win the least from worse hands and lose the most to better hands?

jrobb83
11-14-2004, 11:09 PM
I check-called the turn because I figured a medium pair, T, or overs would certaintly bet again, and an overpair would raise (and I had to call a raise). I was unsure about this at first, but have decided I definately like check-calling the turn.

joker122
11-14-2004, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it looks fine although I think I'd end up 3-betting the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

3betting is way out of line in my opinion. only very strong hands or bluffs raise this river.

Ponks
11-14-2004, 11:32 PM
3betting is way out of line in my opinion. only very strong hands or bluffs raise this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont think he'd play QQ-AA even AT, even KT this way? Opponents stats are leaning towards LAG to me

jrobb83
11-14-2004, 11:43 PM
In my experience, most players will not raise this river with a T or overpair. With these hands, all raising does is allow a J to 3-bet, or a bluff or mediocre T to fold. And I also doubt a guy with a 1.94 aggro factor raises those hands on the river.

I was uncertain about this hand at first, but looking back on it more objectively, I think I played it perfectly. Disagreement is certaintly welcome. I'll post results soon.

joker122
11-14-2004, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You dont think he'd play QQ-AA even AT, even KT this way? Opponents stats are leaning towards LAG to me

[/ QUOTE ]

his preflop numbers are loose and barely aggro. his postflop aggro factor is actually passive compared to most winning 10/20 players.

Peter_rus
11-14-2004, 11:45 PM
I would c/r turn and bet-call river then. If i wouldn't c/r turn i would bet-3bet river.

Peter_rus
11-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Ha-ha. Most of the time he will have big pocket pair here on river. As Hero didn't show any agression he suppose hero has no jack.

joker122
11-14-2004, 11:50 PM
i dont understand why you think an overpair raises this river on a board like that.

Peter_rus
11-14-2004, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand why you think an overpair raises this river on a board like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause i think it's right for overpair to raise here. I would raise here with my AA or something like this nearly always. It's simply because any pair able to bet river. It's like playing pair of A-trash kicker against preflop raiser. check/Call-check/call-bet.

Joe826
11-15-2004, 12:01 AM
The way hero played this hand there's no way I think he has trip jacks when he leads out on the river. If he had check/raised the turn, or even led out, then I could put him on that hand. I'd probably raise with aces as well, as it sorta looks like a poorman's bluff (i just made them up. i'm awesome) to me. As it is, it seems an odd way to the play the hand. Not that that's bad, just unexpected. I would personally C/R this turn but i like this line too.

PackerFan22
11-15-2004, 12:01 AM
he has ace jack

Ponks
11-15-2004, 12:05 AM
If I had an overpair I'd probably raise the river too. Judging by his stats I'd feel pretty sure he'd call a river 3-bet too with his overpair.

Ponks

Peter_rus
11-15-2004, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't care about most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to play good you must care about "most of the time" - most of the time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ponks
11-15-2004, 12:06 AM
I think we should be trying to put him on a range of hands rather then one hand that beats us. I'm not saying your wrong at all, just saying there is more hands then AJ I think he plays like this.

Ponks

jrobb83
11-15-2004, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

he has ace jack

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

jrobb83
11-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Peter-

Do you call a 3-bet after raising the river with AA?

And why the turn c/r?

Peter_rus
11-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
And why the turn c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause i have top pair against PF agressive 3-bettor. Most of the time im ahead now and i suppose that hands that beating me wouldn't 3-bet turn. The only exceptions are straight with KQ and set.

PackerFan22
11-15-2004, 12:23 AM
c

jrobb83
11-15-2004, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Cause i have top pair against PF agressive 3-bettor. Most of the time im ahead now and i suppose that hands that beating me wouldn't 3-bet turn. The only exceptions are straight with KQ and set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I see what you are saying. Overcards would probably call the turn raise, then fold the river unimproved. Wheras by calling the turn and leading the river I -may- be able to squeeze that second bet out of the overs. By check-raising you really only get an extra bet if he has a T, but you do charge overs to draw. The thing is, I have the gutshot, and would have to call if 3-bet.

Opponent had TT for the flopped set. To Packerfan, it must have been a very similar hand, but I am looking at the hand history right now, and it's definately TT.

joker122
11-15-2004, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To Packerfan, it must have been a very similar hand, but I am looking at the hand history right now, and it's definately TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't even bother with this guy.