PDA

View Full Version : Lady wus out on flop, or smart fold?

jayrutz2
11-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Party 2-4, first orbit, no reads at all, no familiar faces
Comments on all streets welcome
Hero is BB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, fold to SB, SB raises, Hero reraises, UTG caps, SB and hero call. 3 players 13SBs

Flop A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks BB bets UTG raises, SB 3 bets, hero folds, UTG caps SB calls

To quick a fold, or must I be behind????

Tx
K

spamuell
11-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Routiness.

Shillx
11-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Why did you bet the flop? I would only call here if the rest of the deck only contained Jacks and Tens. A Queen might be the worst card for you here...

The Shill

jayrutz2
11-14-2004, 08:48 PM
meaning easy fold?

spamuell
11-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Why did you bet the flop? I would only call here if the rest of the deck only contained Jacks and Tens. A Queen might be the worst card for you here...

You're getting 13:1 here and you could be best. I am reluctant to check-fold.

jayrutz2
11-14-2004, 08:53 PM
my logic for betting flop was to get info on response. I figure an A, AK or KK will raise and then I am playing to the Q or miracle runner runner strght and call one raise and get out, if called, then i am either behind to Ks or ahead of 10,10 or some random drawing hand...

So with raise, reraise, I'm long gone, which is cheaper than call one, check call turn fold river, which is what i think you suggest...

K

spamuell
11-14-2004, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Routiness.

[/ QUOTE ]
meaning easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I forget not everyone is from North-West London.

Shillx
11-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Yeah but the line might go: BB checks, UTG bets, SB raises and it would be a clear fold.
I might take a card off closing the action if UTG bets and SB just calls.

The Shill

jayrutz2
11-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Turn and river are blanks, SB 3 bets and then UTG check calls him out.

UTG had 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, SB two junk cards and an underpair.

So, Qs would of been good...but I quickly learn and see that SB is a Loose luney(he quickly goes to buddy list) and then after I return a his flop check raise with a turn check raise with second pair, and take down this pot and another for 30+ BB from him in the next hour, I realize that this is why you pay attention, so the fold was great once I was on to him!!!