PDA

View Full Version : party 10-20, 4 pocket pair folds

chio
11-14-2004, 08:34 PM
HAND 1, 6 handed
preflop: UTG (super loose) calls, MP (super loose calls), button raises, i 3bet in SB with QhQc, BB (no note on him) caps, everyone calls

flop: 8c5s3s
i bet, BB raises, UTG folds, MP 3bets, button folds, i fold

HAND 2, 6 handed
prefop: i raise in MP with TT, CO (plays any 2 fish) calls, SB (no note on him, but everyone at the table has been yapping at how lucky he's been since i sat down) 3bets, BB calls, everyone calls

flop: Kd8h6s
checked to me, i check, CO checks

turn: 9c
checked to BB who bets, i fold

HAND 3, 5 handed
preflop: MP raises, CO (lucky idiot from HAND 2) calls, button calls, i call in BB with 7c7s

flop: 6c2d2s
i check, MP bets, CO calls, button raises, i fold

HAND 4, 5 handed
preflop: i raise in MP with black KK, button (lucky idiot from hand 2 and 3) calls, SB calls, BB 3bet, i cap, all call

flop: Th9hTc
checked to me, i bet, button calls, SB calls, BB raises, i 3bet, button folds, SB caps, BB calls, i call

turn: 6h
SB checks, BB bets, i fold

what do you all think

Stork
11-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Incredibly weak tight.

Hand 1, folding might have been right, although I doubt it.I'm not sure what I would do there.

Hand 2, bet the flop here. Since you didn't, raise the turn. Not only did you induce a bluff by checking, but you also induced a pair of 9's to bet now.

Hand 3, this might be a tad overaggressive, but I would probably 3-bet here?

**I don't play this limits, so my advice could be way off.

Guido
11-15-2004, 04:31 AM
Hand 1: Easy cap
Hand 2: Bet the flop
Hand 3: Bet the flop
Hand 4: Raise or fold, probably fold not sure though. How good is the BB?

Guido

joker122
11-15-2004, 05:17 AM
what does betting the flop do in hand 3?

Scotch78
11-15-2004, 05:37 AM
MP will hopefully raise you with just overcards and knock everyone else out. Getting an overpair heads-up against six outs sounds +EV to me.

Scott

Guido
11-15-2004, 07:04 AM
What Scotch78 said.

Guido

joker122
11-15-2004, 05:18 PM
and if he raises with "overcards" do you just call down? 3bet?

Guido
11-15-2004, 06:11 PM
I probably call and bet the turn. When he raises again I can release. Sometimes I 3-bet and check-fold when he caps and when he calls and he raises the turn I fold too.

Guido

pdavester
11-15-2004, 06:17 PM
Most of these seem like very weak plays. Dont assume they know what YOU are holding, they dont.
Hand 1: They dont know you have queens, BB probably has tens or jacks, MP probably has something like A8, or T8 for top pair. If you are beat here it seems like it would most likely be if the BB has AA or KK. I fold in this spot almost never.

Hand 2: I would bet the flop, or since you didnt, you would have to raise the turn. BB is most likely betting a small pair, 8s, 9s, or even 6s. In a short handed game BB would most likely lead with a K to find out where his kicker stands.

Hand 3: I would 3 bet this on the flop. an overpair in a shorthanded game is a monster. I dont like calling on the flop because of letting in MP and the CO with their overcards. Get this hand heads up with the button. He likely has a 6, unlikely he has a 2 because he called two cold. And an overpair I think he would 3-bet preflop.

Hand 4: This is probably the best play you made. I make this fold sometimes depending on the player in the BB. If there was only the 3 hearts I would probably call down, but since there is a board pair of Tens out there, and most people tend to play tens because they are "almost a face card." the chances that someone has trips is high enough to make this a good fold. If I had to guess on this hand, it looks like the SB has a T and the BB has Jacks - Aces, or A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Overall I think you should do some thinking on hands 1-3. Hand 4 looks pretty good.

just my 2 cents.
Dave