PDA

View Full Version : How did I play this straight flush?

Megenoita
11-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Party 1/2; table is loose-passive with a lot of calling and not a lot of PF raising, but there are post flop raises when they have a hand.

Table is 9-handed.

Hero is BB with 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. It is amazing to note that CO had A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif and didn't raise PF.

UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop (6-handed, 6 SB): 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds, Hero raises, MP1-CO call.

Turn (5-handed, 8 BB): A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

(The turn play seems wrong here. It seems I should have bet out or even check/raising still seems to give me good enough odds. I guess at the time I was thinking that a higher flush and a full house were possible knowing these guys...A 7 isn't out of the question. So what is the correct play on the turn? I can't give myself full weight for all my outs b/c of the FH and higher flush possibility. When I thought it out at the time, combining the higher flush, FH, and quads, I thought check/call was right.)

River (3-handed, 11 BB): 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, MP2 calls, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, MP2 folds, CO caps, Hero calls.

Hero wins 19.5 BB.

Comments?

bisonbison
11-14-2004, 08:22 PM
1/2 hands go in micro. bet the flop.

xxxxx
11-14-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm imagining the CO posting this hand. AA makes fullhouse. Cracked by straightflusher who had one out.
Nice suck. Is there a bad beat jackpot?

Shillx
11-14-2004, 08:34 PM
Bet the flop. Getting crazy on the turn is dangerous with a pair on board. I would probably bet the turn w/o a pair on board, but surely not with one. Going for a check/raise on the turn is also ill-advised.

Brad

nothumb
11-14-2004, 08:37 PM
I think the better question is, "how did I draw this straight flush?"

If you can learn to do that more often you would really be g00t.

I would bet the flop.

NT

Megenoita
11-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the responses...I didn't know that 1/2 was micro.