PDA

View Full Version : THREAD FOR PROBLEMS WITH PLAYERVIEW

pokersux
11-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Per last post on other thread... I'll start a thread posting just problems..

We all know the infamous disappearing button bug party is infamous for.. Well I have had it happen 50% of my last group of ten hands, one was on KK - Doh !

Also, seems once I removed the opaque color (unchecked the box) I can't get it back...

P.S. Where is this getting data from he ptracker Database, or the H.H. folders? I am assuming the database.

AffleckKGB
11-14-2004, 07:36 PM
CR% is displaying incorrect numbers.

P.S. Awesome product.

NoChance
11-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Delete Range is not working.

amirpc
11-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Looking at all of these problems, the opaque problem we know about..you have to close PlayerView out and restart it.

pokersux
11-14-2004, 08:03 PM
FWIW - The dissapearing button bug occured happened and I had it in debug mode... I noticed it states : Observing table XXXXX, hand XXXX ... o something to that extent.

In other words since I was browsing the web while playing and opened the table either right before it was my turn to act or after it was my turn to act the software made it seem as if I was 'observing' the table rather then playing at it. I am pretty sure that is where the problem lies.... If I can send you my debugging log let me know how to get it and I will e-mail it to you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seems it is also occasionally saying

"Not drawing (playernamehere) playermarked as invalid"

For other players besides me, and says it every hand for me - Wouldn't hurt to show your own stats even though it isn't a big deal.

Expect a donation as soon as I recover from a bad night last night...

amirpc
11-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Yea most of the debug text won't make sense to you that invalid stuff simply means that theres either no data in the database for that person, its being filtered out, or its you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Disappearing bug? Can you explain?

pokersux
11-14-2004, 08:19 PM
This time it was the "Rapid Timer" big ... had AA and had 3 seconds mucked it before I could act <sigh> !

Dissapearing bug problem is notorious at party and skins. Basically you will be sitting there with your cards looking at them and watching your timer countdown before it folds your hand. In tournaments I think you can leave and come back, and the button reappears but I think that is only if it is before it is your turn to act. Not 100% sure about that either.

Edited Portion : Basically you can't call, check, raise, or fold.. The buttons are not there to do so.

Rapid Timer bug is a bug where u literally have about 3 - 10 seconds to act or it folds your hand, I have seen it go as low as 2 seconds to act for everyone (me included).

These are the 2 most severe bugs they have had at Party and can't seem to fix.. I'm sure your software is just making them occur more frequently due to some small code issue.

amirpc
11-14-2004, 08:22 PM
I've seen neither of these nor heard of them before.

There is literally no way PlayerView could affect this. It does not modify PP it simply draws on top of it. PP can't even tell that I'm doing anything thats how little the interaction is.

I don't really know what to say about other than I'd reinstall PP and reboot my computer a few times. Sorry I can't be much help with that.

ode
11-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Can't get the damn thing running.

I've installed .NET Framework 1.1 and SP1 for it. I've installed the MDAC 2.6 SP2.

Trying to open the PT database over network (I run PT on different computer than I play from), always getting error that it cannot be opened.

Here's what error.txt says :

System.InvalidOperationException: The .Net Data OLE DB Provider(System.Data.OleDb) requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC). Please install Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered
at System.Data.Common.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateIns tance(Guid rclsid, IntPtr pUnkOuter, Int32 dwClsContext, Guid riid)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateInstanceDa taLinks()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateInstanceMD AC()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateInstanceMD AC()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.GetObjectPool()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProvider(O leDbConnectionString constr)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
at PlayerViewNET.DBWrap.Open(String sPath)
at PlayerViewNET.Form1..ctor()

Oh yeah, running Windows XP /w SP2.

/ode

amirpc
11-14-2004, 08:45 PM
You updated MDAC? Hrm...Thinking....

amirpc
11-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Do both computers have an up to date MDAC? Thats the only thing I can come up with right now.

ode
11-14-2004, 08:52 PM
The laptop running PT doesn't even have anything up to date... hmm, I'll try if updating it helps /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ode

amirpc
11-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Thats a stab in the dark honestly I'm not sure what could cause it. Let me talk to CT about it thats pretty strange.

ode
11-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Wasn't it.

Tried also opening PT database on same computer. Same error.
Hmm, I feel there has to be something that isn't installed. But I do have .NET 1.1 installed with service pack, I have that 2.6 SP2 MDAC thingie installed and it still doesn't work...

/ode

jogumon
11-14-2004, 09:12 PM
great work. Thanks :-).

I'm running into an Access problem though. I have PokerTracker on one machine, and play on another. I get an error when opening the database. I have tried opening the database directly using Access, and I get exactly the same error:

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'Z:\ptrack.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

If I copy the database to the machine I play on, it opens without a problem. Unfortunately, this is a pain, and I lose the autoupdate feature. Any ideas on how to get around this?

amirpc
11-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Sadly not right now I don't know what to do about that. I will look in to it and see if I can come up with anything though. Sorry.

CT11
11-14-2004, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CR% is displaying incorrect numbers.

P.S. Awesome product.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you comparing your CR% numbers with?
Can you supply a definition for CR%?

I have (#CR)/(#CR possible)
I may be calculating (CR possible) wrong but I want to make sure we have consistent definitions.

ChromePony
11-14-2004, 10:42 PM
This isnt really a bug but I thought this was the best place to post anyway.

Ive looked around a bit and I couldn't find anything on this, but there are a lot of threads going around and I might have missed it. Like most people I have been splitting my data mining into multiple databases to avoid overloading my computer, is there a way to combine more than one database to be read by the program, or is it just limited to one at a time. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

jogumon
11-14-2004, 10:42 PM
I found out the problem. In XP, I had simple file sharing setup. I turned it off, and explicitly set permissions on the Poker Tracker folder, and it works great now. :-).

amirpc
11-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Awesome! We'll put that in our FAQ /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks a lot!

amirpc
11-14-2004, 10:51 PM
This will *eventually* be added where eventually is an unknown amount time between one week and one month.

Thats gonna come after tourney code, which is probably not gonna be ready until Thanksgiving. Sorry, but don't give up hope it will be there sometime!

ChromePony
11-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks a bunch, you guys are doing an amazing job. My money's in the mail.

soah
11-15-2004, 12:10 AM
When it displays the BB/100 stats, it only uses the default color rather than the various colors for the ranges that I have set up. The ranges are working correctly for the other fields that I've configured so I don't believe the problem is related to anything I've done. It could just be a fluke though; I'll delete the ranges and start over if no one else has this problem.

IggyWH
11-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Here's the problem I have had :

I play on PokerNOW and I tried using it but had no luck. I tried using it with Empire and everything worked When I'm running PokerNOW, the table doesn't show up under NAME. In debug, it says testing : c:programs\pokernow\250563.hhf which is the correct file, it then says the table name and that is it. I see on the website screenshots that .3U worked with PokerNOW. Is it just me that .5U isn't working for PokerNOW or is it a problem for everyone?

amirpc
11-15-2004, 12:47 AM
If it is a six max table observation won't work, that will be fixed tonight whenever me & CT get the patch up, hopefully soon...We're just making some last minute adjustments to the aggression factors and throwing them up.

IggyWH
11-15-2004, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If it is a six max table observation won't work, that will be fixed tonight whenever me & CT get the patch up, hopefully soon...We're just making some last minute adjustments to the aggression factors and throwing them up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried it all... 6max, 10max... sitting, observing... for some reason it just doesn't want to work for me with PokerNOW. Empire worked great... too bad I din't play on there /images/graemlins/frown.gif

amirpc
11-15-2004, 12:57 AM
This may be a stupid question, but you have stats on the people you're observing in your PT database right?

IggyWH
11-15-2004, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This may be a stupid question, but you have stats on the people you're observing in your PT database right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sir... I was also importing observed hands to try that method out and it still didn't work with PokerNOW.

Fooling around I was running Empire and PokerNOW together. The Empire stats come up fine but now in the debug it says :

no dir: c:\program files\pokernow\handhistory\iggypitt

For 1, why is it looking in my hand histories folder? It's not pointed on that folder. 2, iggypitt is my Empire name not my pokernow name. I know running both at the same time is probably causing some confliction but I didn't know if this data would be useful in figuring out why pokernow won't work by itself.

Thanks for your time,
Iggy!

amirpc
11-15-2004, 01:34 AM
Whenever you are observing a table it checks for both hand histories and observation files, there is no way to get around this.

Also whenever you are at a table it just knows what screen name is at THAT table, and then uses it to check every poker skin you have listed. This is unavoidable as well, as I would have to figure out what skin each directory went with which could cause a lot of problems for people with custom installs.

Also no there is no problem using multiple skins at once, I test using 12 tables across 3 sites.

Yobz
11-15-2004, 03:32 AM
A couple of bugs I've found:
When I turn flop then turn then river aggression on, the river stat for the far right player is off the screen so i cannot move it around to where i like it.
Also, the agg statistics probably need 1-2 decimal pts while others need 0, can you make the # after decimal pt per statistic instead of for every statistic?

thanks

amirpc
11-15-2004, 03:53 AM
Ok I"ll post a fix for the first one, the second one is something we've talked about, but are unsure if we're gonna do it.

CT11
11-15-2004, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of bugs I've found:
When I turn flop then turn then river aggression on, the river stat for the far right player is off the screen so i cannot move it around to where i like it.
Also, the agg statistics probably need 1-2 decimal pts while others need 0, can you make the # after decimal pt per statistic instead of for every statistic?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a reg fix up in the download section of http://home.comcast.net/~amirpc/
This will fix your first problem.

~CT

AffleckKGB
11-15-2004, 05:15 AM
I was comparing your CR% to PT's Game Time CR%, but if you're calculating it differently, that's fine.

Vern
11-15-2004, 09:09 AM
Problem with the color palette, first I run 3200x1200 and have Playerview in the second screen area, but when I open up the range the window starts in the upper left hand corner of the field (looks like about 25,25)

When you define a custom color and add it to the custom color area, it is not remembers. If you go to change a custom color, it displays black 160/0/0 by 0/0/0. This is because the custom color information is not saved in the palette.

Could you allow the range to have a defined opague label color as well as text color.

It is hard to edit ranges since you have to click on the min value to get the edit window up, maybe let us click on the line and can we sort the range by clicking on a colum heading so we can get them in order.

Thanks for a great program.

Vern

Henkeman
11-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Feature request:
- A field with the playername, so there's no mixup
- Tooltip-like additional stats

These things are available in GameTime Plus http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2130

ode
11-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Hmm. The problem isn't with PlayerView, it's with windows.
I've installed MDAC, all the files are found, but no program/checker can find MDAC installed..

Weird weird weird...

/ode

amirpc
11-15-2004, 11:32 AM
1) Sorry I never implemented custom colors mostly because I never figured anyone would use them. I'll do that.

2) You can define an opaque label color by double clicking on the box next to the checkbox and selecting a color.

3) The reason for having to click on a min value is because whenever I did it where you could click anywhere on a row to select an item the color would dissapear when it was selected, looking really bad...

amirpc
11-15-2004, 11:34 AM
There is a field with the player name. Its called Label in the layout manager.

littledave
11-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Some problems and suggestions:

- River Aggression #3 (RA3) is off the screen to the right and cannot be seen, can't move it either.

- Aggression by street is cool, thanks, but how about Total Aggression with or without preflop.

- Any chance there could be pixel locks where I can get these things to line up properly? Something like a snap-to- ability?

- Would be nice to have user-configurable formulas where we could make our own Aggression totals.

- When a new .exe is patched in, the previous selections are gone, and it's reduced to the defaults VP$IP (VPn), PFR (PRn), and Total Hands (THn).

- New menu item: "About", where it would have your name, a link to your website, and even possibly an update-checker. If no updater, then the link to the website would make upgrading easier.

Amir, you're at the U-Dub, right? My wife and I are C&C people, I'm sure you've heard of C&C (Computers and Communications). Are you living on campus? I used to be a Sys Admin at HFS, and had offices in Lander. My wife is a dba at C&C too. C&C is a great place to work - if you want to stick around the Seattle area that is. The rain is about to set in permanently, I think, starting today.

Good luck with mid-terms.

amirpc
11-15-2004, 11:49 AM
Yea we know about the river aggression being off the screen, there is a patch for that on the website in the downloads section.

Total aggression, yea ok, I'll see what CT says that is probably pretty easy.

I've thought about a snap to type thing, guess its time to go ahead and add it pretty soon.

Yea the whole patching process is kinda stupid at the moment, I will eventually get something good going on for that but for now its just gonna be annoying sorry.

Actually I'm at UIowa - CT is at UW.

krazyace5
11-15-2004, 12:11 PM
I can't get it to download. Said I had to download another file, but still saying I have to download it. Can someone post a direct link to it so I can make sure I am dowloading the right one? I am talking about the .net framework.

Thanks

amirpc
11-15-2004, 12:13 PM
.NET Framework (http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe)

ode
11-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Blah, I'll just reinstall windows.

Can't be a bad thing considering it has been
couple of years since I installed this...

Should work fine after that, since it worked
fine on laptop...

/ode

amirpc
11-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Ode, have you tried the solution posted here? Something about turning simple file sharing off in windows XP? Its a few posts up.

sammy_g
11-15-2004, 12:32 PM
amirpc,

Thanks for your work on this program. I posted about this problem in the other thread, but didn't receive a response.

I play 4 tables of 6 max, and when I use PlayerView, the animation because really choppy and sluggish. It gets to the point where the choppiness distracts me more than the overlay helps, so the program is basically unusable on my machine (which is a shame since it's a great concept). I turned off the characters and animation, but still see performance problems. I've tried on both Eurobet and PokerNow with the same results. Once I turn off PlayerView, everything runs smoothly. My computer is fast with plenty of RAM.

Is there any way I can help debug this? Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Thanks,
Sam

krazyace5
11-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Ok, I did download the right program, but when I go to download hud it prompts me to download the file again.

Nevermind, I think I got it. Thanks

amirpc
11-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Well if your machine is decently fast and you are having this problem I would think you either have a TON of .hhf files and hand histories in your poker directories, or your ptrack database is absolutely gigantic - I don't even think a gigantic ptrack database would do that come to think.

If you have a slow hard drive, and a lot of hhf files around this will definately make your machine chug.

krazyace5
11-15-2004, 01:08 PM
OK, I got everything downloaded, but now my HUD is not getting any info from my pokertracker?

amirpc
11-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Well assuming you're running the latest version (.6U) then likely the problems are this:

- You have not added your poker directories to the list
- You do not have statistics on the players at this table
- You have them filtered by limit in the layout manager and have statistics from them at a different limit
- You have the minimum number of hands set too high in the layout manager

Check all these and get back with me, I'll check in after class in about 2 hours.

krazyace5
11-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Ok now I got it where it tries to download them but then says they are invalid?

amirpc
11-15-2004, 01:29 PM
If its saying the players are invalid that means they don't have statistics in your poker tracker database. Sit or observe people you know you have statistics on.

sammy_g
11-15-2004, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well if your machine is decently fast and you are having this problem I would think you either have a TON of .hhf files and hand histories in your poker directories, or your ptrack database is absolutely gigantic - I don't even think a gigantic ptrack database would do that come to think.

If you have a slow hard drive, and a lot of hhf files around this will definately make your machine chug.

[/ QUOTE ]
My machine is new and very speedy. I can't imagine hardware is the problem.

PokerTracker should move the hand history files into another directory when it is done reading them, right? I believe I have this option enabled. My PokerTracker database is about 75K hands or so. I would like to split it up by limit, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this.

By the way, performance seems to degrade over time. It's not too bad when I first fire the program up, but it gets steadily worse.

I do have about 5 Party skins installed and many aliases set up in PokerTracker. Would this make a difference? I only point PlayerView to one of the skin directories when I play.

Is there any tracing/debugging/profiling I can enable to help pinpoint the problem?

Thanks again!

amirpc
11-15-2004, 01:36 PM
PT normally only moves the files once you've closed the auto-import window if I believe correctly. I'll ask CT if having a lot of aliases could cause trouble. I doubt it though.

This is strange, maybe I'll try to get some timing information logged and give you a special debug exe to try. Gotta go to class though, talk to you in a few hours.

sammy_g
11-15-2004, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is strange, maybe I'll try to get some timing information logged and give you a special debug exe to try. Gotta go to class though, talk to you in a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good. We can switch to PMs if you like since I seem to be the only person having this problem. Thanks for your quick response.

kiddo
11-15-2004, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerTracker should move the hand history files into another directory when it is done reading them, right? I believe I have this option enabled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this problem when I didnt remove the files. Open "auto-import" window, click "ok", enable "move processed files to following folder", and dont use the same fold as they are already in.

Guess u already have done this.

Vern
11-15-2004, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2) You can define an opaque label color by double clicking on the box next to the checkbox and selecting a color.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I was requesting was the ability to make the opaque label conditional for each field. I would prefer the PFR label be a color(Red/Yellow/Green) with black text instead of the text a color(Red/Yellow/Green) on a generic color label. Thanks.

Vern

amirpc
11-15-2004, 05:12 PM
This may be implemented sometime this coming week but I think me and CT need to discuss some things about this, and maybe get some input from others on the forum...the layout manager is going to get quite cluttered if we add all these customizations (and people are already getting confused).

I'm not sure about this one, does anyone else want this? Please post or e-mail me if you do.

ode
11-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Got it working.

And only took a re-install of windows (ok, was about the time for it... MDAC just didn't work, whatever I did) and then tweaked permissions a bit and everything works nicely.

Pokertracker on laptop reading hand historys from desktop over wlan, and desktop running poker client and PlayerView and reading PT database from laptop over WLAN. I like it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ode

Wladislav
11-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Hello!

I have next problem :
In OS WinMe I see - "Error Starting Program: The msimg32.dll file is linked to missing export gdi32.dll:GdiGradientFill".
In this site I was find discription of problem:
http://www.serif.com/forum/ViewThread.asp?Thread=12953&Numb=3
I was downloaded the MSIMG32.DLL version 5.1.2600.1106, but problem is don't fixed - what I can do?

CT11
11-15-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello!

I have next problem :
In OS WinMe I see - "Error Starting Program: The msimg32.dll file is linked to missing export gdi32.dll:GdiGradientFill".
In this site I was find discription of problem:
http://www.serif.com/forum/ViewThread.asp?Thread=12953&Numb=3
I was downloaded the MSIMG32.DLL version 5.1.2600.1106, but problem is don't fixed - what I can do?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like you need gdi32.dll as well. I'd try and find that.

Also I'd consider upgrading from ME to XP or down grading to windows 98se. Historically nothing has worked on ME.

I used to do some tech support (right when all the new PCs came with ME) and the only computers that were too messed up to fix were the ME computers.

That said, if the rest of your computer is fine then just find gdi32.dll

~CT11

CT11
11-15-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm still looking into CR%. It's actually one of the hardest stats to get from the DB. I'll keep people updated. It's even a hard stat to define. I have a couple ways to define it and no way agrees with PT.

~CT

CT11
11-15-2004, 05:54 PM
There is a field for player name. You just have to turn it on.

Tool tip extra stats is also something we can look into.

~CT

CT11
11-15-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some problems and suggestions:

- Aggression by street is cool, thanks, but how about Total Aggression with or without preflop.

- Would be nice to have user-configurable formulas where we could make our own Aggression totals.

Amir, you're at the U-Dub, right? My wife and I are C&C people, I'm sure you've heard of C&C (Computers and Communications). Are you living on campus? I used to be a Sys Admin at HFS, and had offices in Lander. My wife is a dba at C&C too. C&C is a great place to work - if you want to stick around the Seattle area that is. The rain is about to set in permanently, I think, starting today.

Good luck with mid-terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Total aggression is do able. Pre-flop aggression is a little strange because PT has extra information about pre-flop that I'd have to go through. It'll take extra time but I can probably add it.

Actually I'm the one who goes to UW. I lived in dorms a while back. Now I live a block of 'the ave'. I don't think I'm ever leaving seattle. I like rain.

~CT

CT11
11-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Right now I don't look at player aliases. Even know PT moves history files I still check the folder once in a while. PT sometimes gets unset and won't move them (on my computer at least).

~CT11

La Brujita
11-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Hi there,

Two quick questions:

1. Do you all happen to know if once you have incorrectly set defaults for VPIP how do you get rid of them? The delete range doesn't seem to do anything for me and I even uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't fix it.

2. This is a bit anal I know but do you all have Pokerstars accounts by any chance? I generally try to avoid linking Neteller accounts because I understand there is some small chance the accounts can be frozen.

Yobz
11-15-2004, 06:26 PM
When you put on a black background, even if the numbers do not overlap, the black parts do. So when I d/l a layout that does not use black backgrounds, it overlaps and looks odd. Can you fix that...?

IggyWH
11-15-2004, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whenever you are observing a table it checks for both hand histories and observation files, there is no way to get around this.

Also whenever you are at a table it just knows what screen name is at THAT table, and then uses it to check every poker skin you have listed. This is unavoidable as well, as I would have to figure out what skin each directory went with which could cause a lot of problems for people with custom installs.

Also no there is no problem using multiple skins at once, I test using 12 tables across 3 sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you happen to have .3U still floating around somewhere? I know there is bugs in it but from the screenshots it worked with PokerNOW. I'd like to give it a shot since I've tried everything I can think of an have had no luck with .5U/.6U

littledave
11-15-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Total aggression is do able. Pre-flop aggression is a little strange because PT has extra information about pre-flop that I'd have to go through. It'll take extra time but I can probably add it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You probably know that PT has that check-box "Include Pre-flop numbers in Total Aggression Factor calculation". That would be cool to have that total (unchecked). Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I'm the one who goes to UW. I lived in dorms a while back. Now I live a block of 'the ave'. I don't think I'm ever leaving seattle. I like rain. ~CT

[/ QUOTE ]
C&C is in the bank building on the corner of University and 45th. C&C operates most of the floors above and below street level. Underground is where your grades are stored and your parking tickets and your faculty's salary, etc. lol

The Ave is a very cool neighborhood. We just love it there, all the little shops and restaurants.

Keep after it, CT, thanks to you and Amir very much!

littledave
11-15-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Do you all happen to know if once you have incorrectly set defaults for VPIP how do you get rid of them? The delete range doesn't seem to do anything for me and I even uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]
To remove the numbers, click once on the number on the left on the line you want, right below "Min". Then you can delete the range. Is this what you were asking?

La Brujita
11-15-2004, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To remove the numbers, click once on the number on the left on the line you want, right below "Min". Then you can delete the range. Is this what you were asking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I wanted. Thanks for the help!

Wladislav
11-15-2004, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It looks like you need gdi32.dll as well. I'd try and find that.

Also I'd consider upgrading from ME to XP or down grading to windows 98se. Historically nothing has worked on ME.

I used to do some tech support (right when all the new PCs came with ME) and the only computers that were too messed up to fix were the ME computers.

That said, if the rest of your computer is fine then just find gdi32.dll

~CT11

[/ QUOTE ]

If I overwrite gdi32.dll to new version, the loading WinMe is collapsed! :-(

CT11
11-15-2004, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You probably know that PT has that check-box "Include Pre-flop numbers in Total Aggression Factor calculation". That would be cool to have that total (unchecked). Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. In the code base. It'll be in the next release.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I'm the one who goes to UW. I lived in dorms a while back. Now I live a block of 'the ave'. I don't think I'm ever leaving Seattle. I like rain. ~CT

[/ QUOTE ]
C&C is in the bank building on the corner of University and 45th. C&C operates most of the floors above and below street level. Underground is where your grades are stored and your parking tickets and your faculty's salary, etc. lol

The Ave is a very cool neighborhood. We just love it there, all the little shops and restaurants.

Keep after it, CT, thanks to you and Amir very much!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good food, strange people there. I'm one of them /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

~CT

ode
11-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Ok, just played 600 hands with PlayerView, worked nicely most of the time, but..

Once in a while it seems to hang up somehow, the stats on the table wear out (i can wipe them off with another program window etc. if you know what i mean..), and when I try to close the program it won't respond and I have to kill the process from task manager.

After I restart it everything works fine again, for a while... I think I had to restart 3 or 4 times during that 600 hands.

Debug log didn't show anything out of ordinary...

/ode

amirpc
11-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Thats really strange.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know two guys who run this thing 24/7 and have had no lag problems what so ever - I wonder if it might be a by product of an extremely large database, or an extremely full poker folder?

ode
11-16-2004, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats really strange.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know two guys who run this thing 24/7 and have had no lag problems what so ever - I wonder if it might be a by product of an extremely large database, or an extremely full poker folder?

[/ QUOTE ]

PT database isn't large, compressed size around 280MB or so. Poker folder isn't full at all..

I wonder if it could have anything to do with me reading the database over network thru wlan? How much bandwith does it aprx. consume?

Would feel weird if it would be that though, since it's working just fine most of the time..

/ode

CT11
11-16-2004, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats really strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT database isn't large, compressed size around 280MB or so. Poker folder isn't full at all..

I wonder if it could have anything to do with me reading the database over network thru wlan? How much bandwith does it aprx. consume?

Would feel weird if it would be that though, since it's working just fine most of the time..

/ode

[/ QUOTE ]

A wireless lan could be a bad way to get your database. Even at perfect conditions it could take minutes to get the required data. Through the miracle of databases much less is likely to be read but unless you have a >=100Mbit network I would be wary.

~CT

soah
11-16-2004, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, just played 600 hands with PlayerView, worked nicely most of the time, but..

Once in a while it seems to hang up somehow, the stats on the table wear out (i can wipe them off with another program window etc. if you know what i mean..), and when I try to close the program it won't respond and I have to kill the process from task manager.

After I restart it everything works fine again, for a while... I think I had to restart 3 or 4 times during that 600 hands.

Debug log didn't show anything out of ordinary...

/ode

[/ QUOTE ]

I've experienced this several times as well. I've changed PT now so that it moves all the processed HH files to a new folder (rather than having party save them for a week) and I will see if it works better now. I think it locked up on me again even after I made that change but I'm not sure. I'll post again with more information if it freezes again.

ode
11-16-2004, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A wireless lan could be a bad way to get your database. Even at perfect conditions it could take minutes to get the required data. Through the miracle of databases much less is likely to be read but unless you have a >=100Mbit network I would be wary.

~CT

[/ QUOTE ]

Plugged it in the old fasion way, 100Mbit. I'll test drive and report if that makes a difference /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ode

ode
11-16-2004, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Plugged it in the old fasion way, 100Mbit. I'll test drive and report if that makes a difference /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ode

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happens.

I first observed for maby 20-30 minutes, then started playing 3 tables myself, 7 minutes later I had to kill process and restart PlayerView. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Debug showed it got stuck when :

"Got modified player list, updating
Added: something"

/ode

amirpc
11-16-2004, 01:56 AM
Are you also using this through a network?

CT11
11-16-2004, 02:00 AM
It could stop responding if it were doing a DB query that took unusually long. Move you DB to the local machine and try it again. I have a strong feeling that the network connection is causing trouble.

~CT

ode
11-16-2004, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
But it seems that the problem only occures when I'm playing myself. If I'm not sitting in the table everything seems to go smoothly...

And 100Mbit network should be fast enough... since I've run larger pokertracker databases over network (PT in one computer, database on other).

I could of course try having my PT database on same computer I play and just run PT on another computer, but I don't understand see how database being read over network could cause such freezes - and why would it only cause them while I'm playing myself and not while I'm just observing tables.

/ode

ode
11-16-2004, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It could stop responding if it were doing a DB query that took unusually long. Move you DB to the local machine and try it again. I have a strong feeling that the network connection is causing trouble.

~CT

[/ QUOTE ]

Did this. Hope it helps.

/ode

Jman28
11-16-2004, 04:41 AM
I just downloaded it. When I was setting up, I selected the wrong file as my database. Now I can't open the program, even after uninstalling and reinstalling.

ode
11-16-2004, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded it. When I was setting up, I selected the wrong file as my database. Now I can't open the program, even after uninstalling and reinstalling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make the database you have selected unavailable for a moment, for example rename it for a while. Then you can start the program and it will ask for the database location again.

/ode

CT11
11-16-2004, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the file menu you should have a choice to change the DB.

~CT

Jman28
11-16-2004, 04:58 AM
thanks

soah
11-16-2004, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

I just played 1,000 hands three-tabling and it never locked up on me. So perhaps the problem was simply the number of files in the HH folder.

I did encounter a different problem though. The statistics for a player in seat 6 at one table suddenly moved about a half inch up and to the right. The data was supposed to be displayed below the player's box but instead it was sort of right in the middle of it. I tried moving the window, minimizing it, etc but the problem remained for probably about 30 minutes. At some point it fixed itself, but the stats for a player in seat 3 at a different table decided to move up about half an inch from where they're supposed to be.

In each instance, only one seat at one table was affected. Other players sitting in the same seat at other tables had their statistics displayed in the proper place.

I didn't take a screenshot so I hope I've explained that clearly.

amirpc
11-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Actually if you'll look closer you'll see that the problem isn't that our data has moved up or down, but the box that party is putting the players name in has moved up or down. This seems to happen almost randomly to me and I'm not sure why/when it happens..

soah
11-16-2004, 09:46 PM
I think I found the problem.

I joined one table and played a few hands.

I joined a second table in seat 6. The box with my own name in it was moved so that I could see my cards. The box at seat 6 at my other table was moved as well.

null
11-16-2004, 09:55 PM
I somehow lost the river aggression label for Player3 when I was setting up layouts, and I was unable to get it back. Revert positions did nothing. Is this what that registry fix fixes?

soah
11-16-2004, 10:34 PM
You didn't lose it. It was placed off the side of the screen where you couldn't see it. The Registry fix moves it to a new spot where you can grab it.

n_mitch
11-16-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm hoping this is a very simple problem. I'm getting this error when I try to open the program after installing it:

"The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL", then "Problem opening the database, let Amir know about this. Program terminated."

I'm running Windows XP Home edition 2002.

Thanks,
Nick

amirpc
11-16-2004, 11:49 PM
I have two suggestions:

1: http://home.comcast.net/~amirpc/mdac_typ.exe

That should install the access drivers you need.

2: Make sure you have the right database selected? Did you select ptrack.mdb? If you did not please PM me I'll show you how to fix it.

3: The downloads section of our webpage has a link for the updated jet drivers. Try these and get back with me failing the first two.

It looks like you've got an outdated library.

amirpc
11-17-2004, 02:49 AM
I have one person that is having PokerNow crash often while running PlayerView, without PlayerView itself crashing. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm trying to figure out if its an isolated problem or something widespread.

Thanks

sammy_g
11-17-2004, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play 4 tables of 6 max, and when I use PlayerView, the animation because really choppy and sluggish.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still seeing this behavior. I know you guys are busy looking at a lot of other bugs, but I was curious if you know anything I can try or if there is any way I can help debug this.

I usually have PokerTracking auto-importing hands as I play, even when I am using PlayerView. Is this generally the recommended way to run? Could this be causing the problem?

I looked at the task manager, and CPU and memory consumption seem normal for the PlayerView, Party, and PokerTracker processes. The animation is still very choppy, though.

Am I still the only one seeing this?

Thanks,
Sam

amirpc
11-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Well yes I run PT in the background as well. It does kinda lag out my system when PT kicks in and PV does a refresh, but that can only be fixed to a certain degree..unfortunately PT is kind of a disk hog.

As far as the animation goes, I actually recommend turning off chip & card animations. The choppiness will be made somewhat better in the bugfix release (hopefully tonight) but not perfect. It actually doesn't happen for me but I've observed it being a little laggy on my friend's computer.

DeuceKicker
11-17-2004, 11:49 PM
I downloaded and installed over the weekend and everything was working fine. When I started it up yesterday and tried to make a change to the color layout, I got an unhandled exception error message (below).

I was playing around with the layout/colors, etc... but I don't know what I changed last, or if any configuration changes could possibly cause the program to stop working properly.
Now I've lost the player icons. Just the opaque box is there.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: .\table_edited.jpg
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
at PlayerViewNET.LayoutForm..ctor(ListBox lDbg, Options cOpts)
at PlayerViewNET.Form1.butModify_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: <a href="file:///c:/win2k/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll" target="_blank">file:///c:/win2k/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll</a>
----------------------------------------
PlayerViewNET
Assembly Version: 1.0.1779.26592
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: <a href="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/PlayerViewNET.exe" target="_blank">file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/PlayerViewNET.exe</a>
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: <a href="file:///c:/win2k/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll" target="_blank">file:///c:/win2k/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll</a>
System
CodeBase: <a href="file:///c:/win2k/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll" target="_blank">file:///c:/win2k/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll</a>
System.Data
CodeBase: <a href="file:///c:/win2k/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll" target="_blank">file:///c:/win2k/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll</a>
System.Drawing
CodeBase: <a href="file:///c:/win2k/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll" target="_blank">file:///c:/win2k/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll</a>

amirpc
11-18-2004, 12:13 AM
You need to start PV using one of the shortcuts that installs on your desktop or in your start menu. I assume you used an installer?

PM me if you have any more trouble.

DeuceKicker
11-18-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm an idiot. I wasn't using the most current version. I reinstalled and it seems to be working fine. Great job, guys

soah
11-18-2004, 04:45 AM
I've had it lock up again. Debug showed: Error copying swap file, trying again System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file: "[some .hhf file listed here]"

It kept repeating that endlessly and refused to close. I had to use Task Manager to shut it down.

The program had been running for quite a while. I had closed all the tables a little bit earlier and then opened a new batch to do a bit of data mining and noticed that PlayerView wasn't giving me data.

amirpc
11-18-2004, 04:50 AM
I've actually had this myself, it happened when PT deleted the .hhf files in the partypoker directory. I think the new version I'm going to post soon (30 minutes) should fix that.

Yobz
11-18-2004, 05:18 AM
sweet, any word on what else is new in the newer version?

edit:
.65r seems to be on the web, avg agg and wsd% added...vn

amirpc
11-18-2004, 05:30 AM
I have uploaded a new version to the website.

PlayerView website (http://home.comcast.net/~amirpc/)

This one has a lot of small fixes, including a major overhaul of the way hand histories are read. I suggest you make sure you have it so pokertracker is not moving or deleting hand histories while playerview is running. This should be a little less HD intensive on slower machines, giving PT more resources to play with when updating.

Also, I am aware in the small discrepency in the width of the fonts displayed in the LayoutManager and the width displayed on the screen. I'll try to get this cleared up quick. If its going to bug you a lot, wait a little bit for .7.

Changes:

- Changed the fonts, a little bigger, all monospace
- Fixed the mouse issues in the layout manager, much better
- Added postflop aggression average
- Added went to show down when saw flop %
- Completely overhauled the hand history parsing
- Several small bugs

Coming up soon:
- Tourney stats - CT has already started work on this
- Adjustable font sizes
- Ultimate Bet support - Basically done, needs testing
- Per stat decimal precision adjustment
- Snap to grid in the layout manager

Heres a reminder to export your .pvl file before you get the new version, I dont want anyones hard work on a layout to be completely wiped (Even though it SHOULDNT be).

As always theres an installer and just the new exe. UB support is a stones throw away, maybe I'll have it out Friday before I hit the road in version .7F, otherwise you'll have to wait until sometime this weekend.

If you are having trouble with this let me know asap! I'm expecting a slew of issues regarding the new hand history parsing as it is relatively untested.

Also please note that in this and future releases we have a hardcoded expiration date, this one expires on December 10th. This is for many reasons, but mostly because half of the problems I'm getting reported to me are people running old versions. This kind of forces people to update, atleast every so often.

Sorry things are gonna be a little slow, I'm heading back to IL for thanksgiving and my mother just got out of surgery so I don't know how much I'll get done until late in the week.

Edit: Sorry for the 3:30 AM release, I'm heading to bed if you have a major bug with the new version please just uninstall it, and reinstall .6U until I can take care of this tomorrow after class.

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2004, 09:57 AM
1) The new release disables the show checkbox agression by each street
2) IMHO, the top priority should be the ability to set decimel precision. Its very hard to read these stats.. this would make things MUCH easier!
3) WTSD% is missing for positions 1 & 8
4) Average Aggression Post Flop is missing for position 7

Great work... it keeps gettinbg better!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

amirpc
11-18-2004, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2) IMHO, the top priority should be the ability to set decimel precision. Its very hard to read these stats.. this would make things MUCH easier!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm thinking you might have a bugged layout, this has happened to one or two people, thing sgetting dragged off the screen, etc. Why don't you send me and e-mail with your .pvl file?

I just tested everything you mentioned and everything worked.

Edit: I just realized that in the layout manager the new stat's labels are annoyingly misplaced they are to the left and below the person's name...the nine seat's stats are almost in the seat's spot. Sorry maybe this is what is wrong for you?

gabuk
11-18-2004, 01:52 PM
I had .6U working great two nights ago.

Last night, I load up PT, then PlayerView but now the overlays do not appear.

I uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing comes up.

I would point to a new database and then revert back to Ptrack.mdb but still no luck.

The error that the debug text shows that no database is found and always tries to read a hand history file no matter what directory I point to.

The only thing that I have done differently is I replaced the default PartyPoker table.jpg with the the table.jpg from Euro Coral bet. I didn't have time to revert back to the default PartyPoker table but I will try that tonight.

Do you think that a different jpg caused this problem?

Thanks,
Gabuk

amirpc
11-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Hey can you please send me an IM, l0lnix or a PM I guess if thats easier?

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, is it crashing on start up now?

littledave
11-18-2004, 03:40 PM
amir and Luv2Drive-Wish-I-had-a-TT:

I don't have a problem with my layout; I can see
- show checkbox for aggression each street
- WTSD is right where it's supposed to be
- AA is also seeable for all positions too

I had a problem once with one of the stats (was it PFR for #3?) which was off the screen to the right. Amirpc/CT put up a little registry fix to lock/locate the stat, and that helped me.

It may be for some reason that Luv2Drive has somehow lost the registry settings for his stats and thus they are off screen.

If so, a re-install via setup will fix that.

The problem that I had was caused by using a desktop window manager, in my case Enable Virtual Desktop, kinda like a linux/ FreeBSD graphic multiple desktop.

So anyway, Luv2Drive, I'd suggest a new inst via setup.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm thinking you might have a bugged layout, this has happened to one or two people, thing sgetting dragged off the screen, etc. Why don't you send me and e-mail with your .pvl file?

I just tested everything you mentioned and everything worked.

Edit: I just realized that in the layout manager the new stat's labels are annoyingly misplaced they are to the left and below the person's name...the nine seat's stats are almost in the seat's spot. Sorry maybe this is what is wrong for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

littledave
11-18-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have uploaded a new version to the website.

Heres a reminder to export your .pvl file before you get the new version, I dont want anyones hard work on a layout to be completely wiped (Even though it SHOULDNT be).

[/ QUOTE ]

Amir, what is the .pvl file and where do I find it? I first installed by using setup.exe only a ver or two ago (but I've been with ya since CT's first release) but I don't see any .pvl file. Also, I thought I read that you could export table layouts either to trade or to backup. Is that possible somehow? Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2004, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um.... I own a TT.. I Luv 2 Drive it. I don't have to do any wishing... and for the record, my silver coupe drives great!

I also love to drive TT's on a semi-coordinated board, that makes me very happy!

TT /images/graemlins/grin.gif

amirpc
11-18-2004, 08:48 PM
If you weren't using .6U you can't export layouts. Your layout should not be lost by moving to .65R but I just wanted to be sure, don't worry about it.

littledave
11-18-2004, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um.... I own a TT.. I Luv 2 Drive it. I don't have to do any wishing... and for the record, my silver coupe drives great!

I also love to drive TT's on a semi-coordinated board, that makes me very happy!

TT /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I wasn't mis-understood. I drive a 5-year-old Miata. I wish _I_ own a TT. It's an incredible car. I already know you drive one, was just wishing *I* own one.

Dave

Yobz
11-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Found a pretty major (majorly annoying) bug:
Layouts don't save the went to showdown % and avg agg.
As a matter of fact, I imported one that did not have them checked and they still appeared on screen. That was annoying so I unchecked them. I then reloaded the one I saved right before (with them open) and they did not appear on screen. Tried deleting registry and re-installing program, still doesn't work. Even with them checked they do not appear on screen anywhere, I cannot get avg agg and went to showdown % after i try and import my file (that had them checked)

amirpc
11-19-2004, 01:24 AM
I just discovered this bug tonight myself. I wasn't having trouble getting them to display on the table, only trouble getting them to import properly into the layout manager. I'll have a look and try to get a bugfix up asap.

soah
11-19-2004, 01:38 AM
I have a minor problem. I opened some tables for data-mining and left the computer. When I returned I saw Player X sitting in seat 1, but his stats were being displayed in seat 5. I checked the history and found that Player X had been sitting in seat 5 earlier, then he left the table and sat down in seat 1 a few hands later. I did a Force Update several times but his stats are still being displayed in the wrong place (the Force Update was successful in updating some things on the other tables, so this is not a case of the program locking up or anything.)

Edit: Player Y who is currently in seat 5 is a complete unknown that I have no stats on. And I have the name labels turned on so that I can tell when I'm seeing stats on the wrong player and need to update.

Edit 2: Seat 5 is now vacant. Forced another update and Player X still has his stats being shown over the vacant seat 5.

amirpc
11-19-2004, 01:45 AM
Hah I never considered that situation when checking to see if the players at the table has changed, guess I get to throw that in =P

sillyarms
11-19-2004, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had .6U working great two nights ago.

Last night, I load up PT, then PlayerView but now the overlays do not appear.

I uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing comes up.

I would point to a new database and then revert back to Ptrack.mdb but still no luck.

The error that the debug text shows that no database is found and always tries to read a hand history file no matter what directory I point to.

The only thing that I have done differently is I replaced the default PartyPoker table.jpg with the the table.jpg from Euro Coral bet. I didn't have time to revert back to the default PartyPoker table but I will try that tonight.

Do you think that a different jpg caused this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having this same problem using .65r. I've gone through all of the possible problems listed on the faq at the web site and eliminated each possibility. I've tried re-choosing the db. Renaming the database and forcing playerview to make me rechoose worked earlier today but is no longer working now.

Ok..as I was typing this I decided to close party and try again. I closed party, closed playerview. Opened Party, Opend Playerview and it worked. This is a weird error. I think it has something to do with the .hhf files not being identified/read properly, but I donno. Mabye you could make it so people could copy/paste the contents of the debug window. That would probally make figuring out bugs eaiser for you.

silly

Douper
11-19-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm having the same problem with .65R

seems to happen when:

1) I'm multi tabling.
2) I close all tables and open an entire new set
3) closing/reopening PV and PT doesn't fix it.
Debug shows:

Testing: D:\Program Files\PartyPoker\248035.hhf
Aamburger Special
Testing: D:\Program Files\PartyPoker\249305.hhf
Table 11399
Testing: D:\Program Files\PartyPoker\251304.hhf
Table 12858
Testing: D:\Program Files\PartyPoker\274795.hhf
Table 13964
Testing: D:\Program Files\PartyPoker\248466.hhf
Jamming n Session
AddedTable 11399
AddedTable 13964
Too old
File still not found, updating hand histories and checking again..

Douper
11-19-2004, 12:21 PM
and this happens after I've been watching for a few hands, so I do have a history on the table.

closing/reopening PP does work.

Grail
11-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Can you add in table averages? I use them a lot in gametime to make quick decision about if the table is worth staying at, or how to play certain tables.

This is really the only thing I have felt I'm missing out on going from gametime to PlayerView.

Another thing to help clean up layouts. Formatting text. Be able to say how many total charecters to display. This way you can make everything day 3 charecters wide. The black text boxes can then all line up nice and neat. Example, set it to 3 places. It will display whatever it can in exactly 3 charecters. Like VPIP might be 36.7 PFR at 5.67 Agg 1.00 etc.

It would also be handy to set things like that on a per stat basis, not a global setting. Maybe I only need 2 charecters for VPIP but I would like 3 for total ave agg.

amirpc
11-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Yes this is because the new version uses modification times of files to tell which HHF it should be reading, sometimes the modification dates get messed up (because windows rules). I'm not sure what causes that, it looks like I'm going to have to do something about it though.

amirpc
11-19-2004, 01:43 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion this has something to do with PT, try it without PT in the background and let me know if that helps.

J.R.
11-19-2004, 02:40 PM
this happens to me when I have a bunch fo stuff running (i.e. data mine on 4 other skins, pt importing). When I shut down the dataminig tables and close pt, the playerview stats appear at my tabels again. I suppose its a memory issue.

amirpc
11-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Yea its actually not a memory issue its a file write time issue. I'm not sure whats causing it, I suppose its a windows of some variety...basically when you have a lot of processes accessing the same file (PT & PV) and another one (Partypoker) writes to it, the file last written time doesn't get updated accordingly.

PV uses the file write time to determine if its looking at an old HHF or a new HHF. Thus, it screws PV up. I might have to revert to the old system of doing things, sadly. The old way was slower, but it was not affected by this windows problem.

La Brujita
11-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Version 6 worked perfectly for me but .65 is not working well at all. Is it hard to put version .6 back up on the webite? I deleted it when installing new version.

Edit to say it seems to work when I shut PT down. For some reason I thought PT had to be open to make it work because the programs ran together. Reading above I can see I was wrong.

sillyarms
11-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Poker tracker has a checkbox that you can click that says my pc does not update timestamps. Mabye you could do the same thing.

silly

Dr_Freeze
11-20-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm trying to use .65R (the first one I've tried) and getting no overlays. The tables show up in the main screen, and I selected the right DB, and I have no filters applied to the layout, but I get nothing. I'm getting exactly the same debug message as Douper posted a few posts back. For what it's worth, I know that my comp doesn't update timestamps, as I found out with Pokertracker. Is that the problem?

-Freeze

AffleckKGB
11-21-2004, 02:26 AM
Is it just me or are the numbers for BB/100 completely erroneous? PlayerView numbers for Net won are correct though.

Luv2DriveTT
11-21-2004, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or are the numbers for BB/100 completely erroneous? PlayerView numbers for Net won are correct though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are the real BA, then welcome to the forums. If not, welcome anyway. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Blarg
11-21-2004, 02:45 AM
Curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded it, version 65R.

I also downloaded Aces McCoy's zip file, to try to get his modified table and have everything else be black space. But the file as it stands isn't much help. I figured out to back up my old corresponding seat images and table images in Party, then to replace them with Aces' versions. Only the modified table he put in came out, though. Seats 0 and 1 through 9, though black as per Aces' downloaded pics, don't get show up as black on Party's table.

There's no PVL file to import, and while the table and the people images are all surrounded by black, I had to just put in numbers, after I figured it out, by myself.

So what do I have to do to get the images of the peoples' faces and bodies to be gone? It makes for a difficult read to have all those numbers up there with everyone's images still behind.

jogumon
11-21-2004, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to use .65R (the first one I've tried) and getting no overlays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting the same problem. Can we get the previous version back up for download?

Blarg
11-21-2004, 04:06 AM
P.S. -- Am having problems closing Playerview. Trying to leave the program by hitting the "X" in the top right corner doesn't work, and I have to CTRL ALT DEL numerous times to get out of the program.

Trying to rightclick the program name in the taskbar along the bottom also cannot be done. Another CTRL ALT DEL deal.

Blarg
11-21-2004, 04:12 AM
Also, to keep things separated, here's another thing.

When cards come up over stats, or when a pop up comes up, after the image is gone, it reveals that it has wiped out the overlays wherever it has touched them. The modify layout pop up window itself comes right in the middle of my screen and wipes out half the numbers on four tables.

Closing and opening the tables doesn't seem to help, and forcing an update doesn't help; the only thing I've noticed that helps is closing Playerview entirely, which as I've noted above presents problems of its own.

Is there a way you can make it so numbers aren't getting constantly wiped out this way? Even a refresh would be great...if we could just click and have all stats re-displayed or refreshed or both, quickly.

As it is, most programs do not let you lock where you want windows to pop up, so almost every program you use at the same time you use Party winds up wiping out info in the overlay that you can't get back. Party even has those Empire-like stupid tourney promotion windows flashing up all the time now. There's always a pop-up window from somebody somewhere -- we need to be able to keep access to stats without having to close out Playerview entirely and restart it, to do so.

CT11
11-21-2004, 04:38 AM
If the overlays don't reappear within a second then you are running into one of our known issues. We know where the problem is and we are working on a fix. It will be in the final version. Right now the only fix is to close and restart playerview.

~CT

Luv2DriveTT
11-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Suddenly the icons seem to be intermittnat. If I quit and then restart, the Icons sometimes come back, sometimes they don't. I tried enabling & then disabling the icons in the layout, no luck.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

amirpc
11-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Sorry guys I'm not at school right now I'm at home and I'm pretty busy with my family I'm not having a lot of time to code. I'll try to get something up today for you guys having trouble.

greg nice
11-22-2004, 12:02 AM
bb/100 is double of what i have in my PT db.. why?

CT11
11-22-2004, 12:48 AM
make sure you are not aliased and have no filters on in PT and no filters on in PV.

If your are still having problems can you post the netwon and the number of hands for the player in question.

~CT

Edit: typo

soah
11-22-2004, 05:46 AM
I just upgraded to .65 and some of the tables weren't showing any data. I closed PlayerView and opened it again, and then none of the tables had any stats. I closed PT as mentioned above and still had no stats on any of the tables.

Closed one of the tables and opened a fresh one, have stats for that table but none of the others.

I know this isn't a great week for you, but please take a minute to write us a patch that uses the .6's 'inefficient' code for checking the hh files.

CT11
11-22-2004, 06:14 AM
Against my better judgment I've gone ahead and built a new version .6 with slightly different database code.

you can find it at http://home.comcast.net/~amirpc/PlayerViewNET6ux.exe

This is similar to .6U but not the same. It has older and newer code than .65

This is really all I can do right now as the season has taken hold of me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hope people can wait a little longer because we have a great version in the works.

~CT

BonJoviJones
11-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Has any body tried this version? Does it fix the no-update bug?

La Brujita
11-22-2004, 12:59 PM
I couldn't get it to run. I got an error message, I would be curious if anyone who got it to work could tell me how they did it.

Best regards

CT11
11-22-2004, 01:03 PM
you need to relpace the old exe and remove the 6ux from the name.

CT

La Brujita
11-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks CT.

Do I just go and delete the old exe? And how do you remove 6ux from the name?

Pretend you are explaining a poker hand to a dude who doesn't know the names of the four suits.

And thank you very much btw for putting up the fix.

I am addicted to poker view, when it doesn't work I go through withdrawal.

CT11
11-22-2004, 01:15 PM
You may delete or rename the old exe. To rename a file right-click and select rename. Then just highlight the section of text that says 6ux.

~CT

greg nice
11-22-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
make sure you are not aliased and have no filters on in PT and no filters on in PV.

If your are still having problems can you post the netwon and the number of hands for the player in question.

~CT

[/ QUOTE ]

im playing 6max 50nl and i dont even know how to do filters in PT. it still shows double the bb/100 and doesnt even draw all the players including myself. it says "Not drawing player marked invalid" im using .65R

CT11
11-22-2004, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

~CT

[/ QUOTE ]

im playing 6max 50nl and i dont even know how to do filters in PT. it still shows double the bb/100 and doesnt even draw all the players including myself. it says "Not drawing player marked invalid" im using .65R

[/ QUOTE ]

PV will not give you stats on your self. Also a player needs to be in your DB to get PV to draw anything for that player.

I found the problem for bb/100. The stat is actually $/100.
Also does any one know how PT defines bb/100 for NL? Is it 2*bigblind?

EDIT: Nevermind I found a def for bb in the DB.

~CT

greg nice
11-22-2004, 11:14 PM
thx ill look into it more. and you are right BB is 2x big blind

fireball
11-23-2004, 03:10 AM
I get an error everytime i try to open playerview. It says "error opening the database, program terminating". I moved some of my databases around to different HD's. If the program would open then i'd be able to have it search for the correct database.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a new version i still got the same error. I'd appreciate any help. Please send a copy of your answer to this email. Cuz i'm not sure if i'll be able to find this thread again.
thanx
Bayani
Semicharma@hotmail.com

soah
11-24-2004, 06:24 AM
I'm using the .6ux version right now and the data displayed for "Won $ When Saw Flop" is wrong. The numbers seemed too high to me, so when I found a guy with 75% WP$IP and 90% W$WSF I decided to investigate a little further. I looked up him and two others at the table and the number given in PT was significantly lower than PlayerView's number for all three of them.

CT11
11-24-2004, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm using the .6ux version right now and the data displayed for "Won $ When Saw Flop" is wrong. The numbers seemed too high to me, so when I found a guy with 75% WP$IP and 90% W$WSF I decided to investigate a little further. I looked up him and two others at the table and the number given in PT was significantly lower than PlayerView's number for all three of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that stat was mislabeled in .6 so it would be mislabeled in .6ux. Unfortunately I'm leaving for a 5hr drive which should be 9hrs today so I can't fix it right now.

~CT

sthief09
11-24-2004, 06:58 PM
1. any chance we could get cold-call% put in there?
2. I've tried deleting and installing and resetting and loading other layouts, but for some reason the Average Aggression and Went to SD% for Seat 3 are missing. Anyone else have this problem?

thanks

littledave
11-24-2004, 07:21 PM
I had that problem but the registry fix amir put up a week or so ago did the trick. It's there, just off the screen a little bit. I assume the WS is the same? Try that fix and see.

sthief09
11-24-2004, 07:45 PM
hmm, I tried it, but it only put in the River Aggression. Is there any way to manually do it?

amirpc
11-25-2004, 01:35 AM
Yes there is actually send me an IM on l0lnix I'll help you out.

As an aside, I have to say I'm sorry development has somewhat stagnanted the last few days - if you've been reading my posts you know that I left school for a week for thanksgiving break and am at my parent's house. I have definately been slacking, sorry. When I return to school after this week development will be back in full swing, and the numerous problems with .65R will be fixed. The problem is that I'm the only one that can work on the interface problems, so CT's hands are pretty tied.

Anyhow, thanks for being patient guys just give me a few more days /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AAKKQQ
11-26-2004, 07:21 AM
I'm getting an error when i first start up the program.
"The MSIMG.DLL file is linked to missing export GDI32.DLL:GdiGradientFill."

Windows 98 also if that helps.

Anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Thanks!

DavidC
11-30-2004, 12:27 AM
I've looked for the solution to this also. If you google it there's a bunch of steps that you can try, including but not limited to getting a new download of each of the dll files, using adaware, running regsvr32 on the dlls once you put them in your windows\system and windows\system32 directories, etc.

I haven't had any luck with this yet.

I'm running win98se also.

aflaba
11-30-2004, 04:25 AM
I have only skimmed through this thread so it may be that this has already been said.

I have a terrible problem with Playerview. Yesterday it wouldn't update my tables once. No information came up. This is even though I probably restarted the program like 20 times. I have not been so anry as I was yesterday in weeks.

Still, when it work Playerview is great, so thats for doing such a great work!

aflaba
11-30-2004, 04:59 AM
Also, now I have four tables open. Information only shows on three of them. I've tried restarting PV, but it doesn't help.

kiddo
11-30-2004, 05:42 AM
If it doesnt work, try GameTime, does the same.

http://pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2258

aflaba
11-30-2004, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the tip!

I've started using that in addition to Playerview now. But if Playernow just worked I would like it more than Gametime+

kiddo
11-30-2004, 08:34 AM
I also did when I got problems PlayerView. The log said that all hands, or if it was files, was 2 old. Dont know why. I changed database once, but then took the right one again.

aflaba
12-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Hi,
I have a question. I figure it ought to have been brouth up already, but I haven't found it so here my question is anyway.

Can playerview be used when playing short handed. I see one of the layouts on the playerview website is for short handed play. But when I imported the table settings, the table didn't become 6 handed...

So, is it possible to use it short handed? If yes, how do I go about to get it to work?

aflaba
12-03-2004, 06:01 PM
haha, no need to answer.

I tried everything, _but_ to change the selected database to the one where I have my short haded hh:s :-)

PantherZ
12-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Forgive me, but I'm not very computer literate, and I couldn't find a help file for setting this up. I've downloaded the program, and this is what it looks like (a mess). I need some help in getting the alignment straightened out.

Thanks.

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/3217/l9gpv.jpg

littledave
12-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi, it's actually pretty easy to set it up. You do have to have PokerTracker - you do have this, don't you? Once you have PT set up, you'd like to have the auto-import set fixed to update quickly - I update mine every 2 minutes. If you have it every minute, it will sometimes overtax your machine. This won't affect your poker table window, but it will take longer to switch windows, etc.

Now you have the Party Poker table up and running. You're seated and ready to rumble. Open PlayerView NET and you'll see that your table (or tables) will appear in the Name box. This is automatic. Every table you have open will show up in the box.

Now click on the File menu, and select "Change Database". You'll want to select the .mdb file that you want to draw from, if you have more than one, choose which you like. With the Add button, browse for \program files\partypoker click OK.

Now hit the Modify Table Layout button. See the dropdown box top right? Some of them are checked when you drop down. That means that they are selected and will appear in the table as numbers. Take a minute to test the various selections, uncheck and check, notice which letter/numbers appear. Move them around on the LayoutForm.

Try this: uncheck them all except one. Try VP$IP (the first one) - check this one and uncheck all the rest. See how it appears on the Party table? Move it around on the layout screen. Hit save, watch where they go. Hit the various buttons. Hit the opaque (I use this, easier to see). See what that does.

When you've saved them, click the X in top right corner to close the LayoutForm. See them appear on the Party table? If you make a change, you can save them and then hit the "Force Update" button - this is the same as the "Force Update" button on the PokerTracker Auto-Update window.

Blah blah blah, it's pretty intuitive, I know you can figure it out. If you can figure out how to take a screen cap and have it appear in your post, you can figure this out too. Just play with it a bit.

One thing I do when I see a new software is to hit every menu and see what's buried. I also hover my mouse and see if hints appear. I just poke and prod, just like that doctor that I hate going to.

Any other questions, go ahead and ask. I wrote this out pretty quickly, I hope I didn't leave out anything important - just ask if I've confused you. Enjoy - if you use this tool along with hand-written notes, you'll have a great advantage over the next guy.

Just let me know when you see me online, I'll move to another table... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

amirpc
12-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Hey dave that post was very well written and intuitive. I think maybe I'll start linking people who are having trouble setting up to it.

Thanks

Luv2DriveTT
12-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Amir... how can you two leave out the BEST new feature of them all? PlayerView now has an option to adjust decimel percision! I know, who cares..... well I did!

littledave
12-06-2004, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey dave that post was very well written and intuitive. I think maybe I'll start linking people who are having trouble setting up to it.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Sir. I wrote it in a hurry, I'm afraid. If you like I'd be glad to clean it up and add more to it, to turn it into a little tutorial.

I'd definitely add the buttons and choices that I didn't take the time to add, such as decimal precision like TT said - and I agree with whole-heartedly.

amirpc
12-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Dave if you clean it up into a tutorial that would be sweet! I'd put it up on the website for new users (with your name in the credits of course /images/graemlins/smile.gif

littledave
12-06-2004, 02:14 AM
RE Tutorial: I'll get back to you in a couple of days when it's done.

PantherZ
12-06-2004, 03:21 PM
NM

zerosum
12-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Won $ WSF % in PlayerView .82F is incorrect for every player I've reviewed against the PokerTracker statistic. PlayerView displays a significantly larger number.

Here's one example: PlayerView reports 58 for player X but Pokertracker indicates 43.

zerosum
12-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Won $ WSF % in PlayerView .82F is incorrect for every player I've reviewed against the PokerTracker statistic. PlayerView displays a significantly larger number.

Here's one example: PlayerView reports 58 for player X but Pokertracker indicates 43.

amirpc
12-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Ok, we'll look in to it. We have a new release ready but I'm waiting for my finals to get done (Wed) to release it (probably on Thursday).

Also if you are using multiple databases, the WSF won't correlate to the stats on any single database.

zerosum
12-13-2004, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. . . if you are using multiple databases, the WSF won't correlate to the stats on any single database.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using only one database.

Thanks for all the work that you have put into this wonderful program, and good luck with your finals.

amirpc
12-13-2004, 03:36 PM
You are indeed correct. Its strange, for players with very few hands its always right on but with a couple hundred or more it is off by about 4%. I'm gonna have to go stare at the calculation for a while.

amirpc
12-13-2004, 03:53 PM
Fixed it /images/graemlins/smile.gif It'll be in the next release.

aflaba
12-13-2004, 05:49 PM
You the Man

zerosum
12-13-2004, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fixed it /images/graemlins/smile.gif It'll be in the next release.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much.

CLC
12-13-2004, 09:38 PM
and study for your finals. We can wait a day or two (no more though, ok). /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Klepton
12-14-2004, 01:27 AM
does anyopne else have this problem?

i put my poker tracker to update every 2 minutes, to get the hands very fast. However, the player view is not updating after every 2 minutes, and i only have old notes, any help?

kiddo
12-14-2004, 06:25 AM
Click the "my system doesnt update time stamps" in both Pokertracker and PlayerView.

Poolgod32
12-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Hey all
Just downloaded Playerview and am setting it up. Few problems have come up. Its marking all my players as invalid and not drawing. What causes this?

amirpc
12-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Players get set as invalid when a) You don't have statistics on them in your database b) You don't have enough hands on them to pass the hand filter you specified in the layout manager or c) You don't have stats on them at THIS level and you have the limit filter on in the layout manager.

My guess is you don't have stats on the players you're trying to watch, find a table where you do then test.

Jezebel
12-15-2004, 03:50 PM
I noticed that in the latest release, PV can pull stats from multiple databases. Is there anything I need to do to ensure this happens? or do I just need to have multiple databases open in pokertracker? Thanks.

goodguy_1
12-16-2004, 02:04 PM
I am very frustrated by something.I work on a layout ..move all my stats around the way I want save the layout and save the .pvl file but every time I load the layout from the saved .pvl file it reverts back to a layout that spews t numbers all over the place.I've tried this 3 times renaming and saving .pvl files

amirpc
12-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Hrm thats strange. When you load the layout does it look OK in the layout manager? Or are you saying when you load it, it looks ok then on the table its crazy?

Is it for all of the numbers its crazy or is it just for a few such as the table averages (I don't believe I have them working out of the PVL file yet).

Just so you are aware after you import a PVL file the changes are not made active until you click save in the layout manager. Let me know if this doesn't help.

amirpc
12-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Having the databases open in pokertracker does nothing to playerview. You'll need the latest version of playerview from the website (http://www.playerview.net) and then you'll need to add each database in the database manager.

There is a nice tutorial on the webpage as well if you're still having difficulty feel free to IM me on l0lnix.

goodguy_1
12-16-2004, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hrm thats strange. When you load the layout does it look OK in the layout manager?

[/ QUOTE ] No after I've made corrections to the layout I save it and the layout looks fine
[ QUOTE ]
Or are you saying when you load it, it looks ok then on the table its crazy?

[/ QUOTE ] nope

When I'm done fixing my layout I export the new layout I've just worked on to a .pvl file.

When I import off of this .pvl file which is supposed to be my default layout the new layout spews numbers around to the exact same spot each time misplaced stats.Every time I've imported off of what is supposed to be the layout I just worked on I have this problem...
I'd like to have .pvl file which can correctly save all the numerous and time-consuming changes I've made to my layout...only the position of the stats on the layout is effected NOT the choice of enabled stats,colors etc..

How do you succesfully create a new layout with your stats in the position you want on the table and SAVE that layout as .pvl file which can be easily used either to import or export for whatever reason?

amirpc
12-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Thats pretty strange, why don't you send me an IM and I'll see if I can help you better that way? I'm on AIM as l0lnix.

paco
12-16-2004, 03:57 PM
Hey everbody, especially amir,
I can't get the layout manager to show the right side of the screen where it looks like all the options are. I imported ancientpc's layout, so its working--the program is great btw, but I can't customize it. I've tried minimizing and maximizing the screen but I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions?
I can put a screenshot up if that would be helpful, let me know.

amirpc
12-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey I sent you a PM.

amirpc
12-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Lets get rid of this monstrosity of a thread, the new playerview forums are at http://www.playerview.net/forums/index.php

Thats the best way to get quick help.