PDA

View Full Version : 3-handed, checked flop, bet turn?

btspider
11-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Table has turned tight-passive.. I'm on my last orbit unless things change. UTG+1 is in his first orbit and seems tight so far. I haven't seen any significant postflop play from him yet.

party poker - 2/4 - 10 handed
Hero has A7o in the SB

PF: UTG+1 limps, n folds, Hero limps, BB checks

Raise PF?

Flop (3 SB): 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks

Bet the flop?

Turn (1.5 BB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, BB folds, UTG+1 raises, Hero folds

Take a stab at it..

LaggyLou
11-14-2004, 07:18 PM
I would have bet the flop, with the intention of betting again if only UTG+1 calls and of check-folding if BB calls (unless an A or 7 hits). Having checked through, I like taking a shot on the turn, but if anyone calls it's the last bet I'm putting in unless I improve.

Chairman Wood
11-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Question, why would you consider raising preflop? I think it may be wrong. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm wondering what you gain by doing this? A lot of the time this is a good steal situation, but do you think this baby pot is worth it? I don't really see it as too bad of a play. I think HEPFAP recommends doing this when first to act when flop is checked around but only if no over cards hit.

Shillx
11-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Bet the flop, go from there. That flop didn't help UTG+1. Once the ten hits, I think that card is right in UTG+1's happy zone, so I'm not sure if I like the turn bet.

The Shill

btspider
11-14-2004, 08:41 PM
It is a baby pot, but I may have the best hand. I wasn't sure if its giving up too much to just give up postflop here.

preflop, I'm considering a raise because I may have the best hand. I'd prefer to fold the BB and have his money dead. it would also make it easier to take the pot down postflop when UTG+1 misses the flop more often than not.

Chairman Wood
11-14-2004, 09:01 PM
This just begs the question "What is UTG+1's happy zone?"

Shillx
11-14-2004, 09:05 PM
I will assume that he will bet an overpair on the flop. So a tight passive might have AT-JT, KJ-QJ, etc. Im guessing the "happy zone" here is K-T and possibly K-9.

The Shill