PDA

View Full Version : A8s

Guy McSucker
11-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Party 5/10 6-max.

I am BB with Ac8c.

UTG limps, MP raises, CO and Button cold call, SB calls. It's 100% certain UTG is going to flat call: he doesn't raise ever.

I call. This must be right, right? UTG calls.

Flop: Kc 9s 7c.

The table likes to call on the flop with pretty much anything, so I lead out with my nut flush draw, expecting to get good value.

Should I check-raise instead? Check-call?

UTG folds, MP raises, others fold. So much for my read. I call.

Turn: Jh. I have a gutshot now. I check-call.

River: 4d. I check-fold.

Am I a big wuss? More action on the turn once it's heads up?

Guy.

balkii
11-14-2004, 06:30 PM
with only one player to your left but 2 on your right I check raise the flop. everything else looks standard.

Guy McSucker
11-14-2004, 06:36 PM
If you check-raise the flop, and are only called, are you tempted to keep firing on the turn?

If so, can you then check-fold the river with a clean conscience, or do you want to bet-fold?

Guy.

Guido
11-14-2004, 07:38 PM
There are even 3 players to his right which make it a check-raise for me. The rest is standard.

Guido

balkii
11-14-2004, 08:48 PM
i'd only fire on the turn if I thought I could take it down often. heads up or 2 handed maybe, 3-handed, i'd just let my flop move be for value and just check the turn.

why would you bet-fold the river if you missed? with a-high thats a terrible line.

jfresh
11-14-2004, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd only fire on the turn if I thought I could take it down often. heads up or 2 handed maybe, 3-handed, i'd just let my flop move be for value and just check the turn.

why would you bet-fold the river if you missed? with a-high thats a terrible line.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd really call the river with ace high here? KJ9 are all out there... what would the opponent have that Guy could beat?

balkii
11-15-2004, 02:14 AM
I didnt mean to say bet-folding the river was a bad line. I meant to say betting the river at all was a bad line.