PDA

View Full Version : ATs top pair, facing possible turn bluff?

Malcom Reynolds
11-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Coming into this hand, I have raised the last three of four hands and won them without a showdown. This is the third hand I have raised in a row, and the action I am getting on this hand, I suspect is because they are starting to not believe me anymore.

Unfortunately BB is an unknown to me.

Empire $3/$6 Hold'em

I am dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP3.

3 folds, UTG+2 limps, one fold, MP2 limps, Hero raises, CO folds, button cold calls, SB folds, BB calls, the rest call, six to the flop for 10 SB

Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet. Button, BB, UTG+2 call, the rest fold. Three to the turn for 6.5 BB.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I bet, button folds, BB raises. Hero...

Now what goes through my head at this point is that there is a chance BB has me beat, vs. the chance that BB thinks that I'm full of crap and is trying to c/r my possible garbage hand.

Am I giving BB too much credit? Even if I was, is the chance that he is on a bluff raise enough for me to continue?

tripdad
11-14-2004, 04:09 PM
i calling down here. if the board pairs, i'll raise his river bet figuring on my having counterfeited his 2-pair. sometimes i'll lose when it makes his boat, however.

cheers!

Nick C
11-14-2004, 07:51 PM
I would call down too, figuring I may be ahead (especially since BB could be taking a stand against my fourth preflop raise in the last five hands) and also figuring that even if I'm up against, say, A4 or A6, I have the odds to draw. Of course, I could also be drawing dead against AK or a set, but I'd take that chance.