PDA

View Full Version : 2 all-in hands

jt1
11-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Hand 1 PP NL $100 no reads

I have $118
BB $115

I'm in MP with JJ. I open raise $8 LP calls. BB raises to $14. we both call.

$51 flop is junk

BB bets $15 - i bet $65 MP folds BB calls

$180 rag

BB checks -- with $40 left, i go all in

just to let you know where my game is am at: i was very afraid of an overpair, however, the weak flop bet convinced me that BB had AK. When he called, i was none too happy, but figured I hads odds to call all-in so I should bet it.

Hand 2

I have $95
UTG $166

UTG limps. all fold to me in SB with KQo - i raise $9. UTG calls.

$21 Q J 8 rainbow

I bet $21. UTG raises to $42. I go all in with my $65.

jt1
11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Im not sure why these hands are getting no feedback. to me they are interesting, especially the first one, maybe they aren't posted prety enough. maybe they are too ordinary, but the ordinary hands are the most important; after all they come up the most often. any feedback would be appreciated

fireman664
11-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Hand #1. I like your play here, especially the all in bet, since I agree that you are going to call it anyway, might as well be the agressor. You could be way behind, but you played your hand, and got a good flop for it.

hand #2. I dont like this play at all. To me, if your raise gets called by any reasonable player, they might have you dominated (AQ comes to mind, since I limp with this hand alot). With that said, you seemed like you were in a hurry to get all in with a marginal hand, IMO.

Tilt
11-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Hand 1, marginal all-in if this is 10 handed, a good all-in 6 handed I think, the difference being the likelihood of an overpair is slightly greater 10 handed.

Hand 2, I agree with fire, way too aggressive all around. IMO KQo is not a good raise from EP, especially that much. You only stand to steal the BB and get his call, and if you are called you are out of position with a possibly dominated hand.

fireman664
11-16-2004, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1, marginal all-in if this is 10 handed, a good all-in 6 handed I think, the difference being the likelihood of an overpair is slightly greater 10 handed.

Hand 2, I agree with fire, way too aggressive all around. IMO KQo is not a good raise from EP, especially that much. You only stand to steal the BB and get his call, and if you are called you are out of position with a possibly dominated hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think tilt put this perfectly. I agree that you might be playing JJ to fast in the first hand too. I just like to play real agressive (my style), and I think that is the type of hand that has a +EV at party poker type sites, although you will run into over pairs and floped sets and lose your stack occasionally.

The KQ is a hand that I want to keep the pot small, and let my opponents make mistakes. If you limp in with this hand, and come out betting the flop, it is a much smaller pot, and there will be less incentive for someon to bluff at it. Therefore I think it is easier to find where you stand, and if you do decide to call them down, you will lose less when you are behind. Again though, I just wouldnt get too commited to this hand.......make money off of your weaker opponents when they get to commited to hands like this.

jt1
11-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Im not too sure that i like your advice guys. In hand one, at that point, I have no choice but to go all in. the question is should i have raised his extremely weak flop bet and by how much - should i have folded preflop to his raise due to the fear of being fooled into going all in

hand two

i like your points about keeping pot small; but players make the most mistakes preflop after they already limped - against a MP or LP limper this is an easy raise in SB but against an UTG it is debatable. Post flop this is either a fold or an all in. I dont know which is generally correct

Tilt
11-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Maybe you are right, you were pretty committed after that flop bet. Given that, you should have pushed right then I think. You actually gave AKs odds to call your flop raise if he put you on QQ/JJ/TT (50 to go for a shot at 158).

That said, I think JJ in that situation is not an automatic push. Its more read dependent; though it sounds like you were reading AK and so you went for it.

okayplayer
11-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Hand 1 is a difficult situation. I think you are better off pushing instead of raising to 65, because like you said you're pretty much committed at that point. I think you ran into an overpair here (AA/KK).

Hand 2 I don't like. Don't raise KQo out of position. If you were on the button, it'd be different. I would've called PF , and lead out on the flop - I think you have to fold to his raise though.