PDA

View Full Version : Dealers helping players

bconway6
11-14-2004, 05:18 AM
I was playing a 4-8 B&M game and there was this guy, he seemed to be a regular, who would get up and have a smoke or go to the bathroom or do whatever. He wasn’t coming and going excessively but enough to notice. When he would get back to the table he would ask the dealer if anyone had shown cards or what hands won pots etc. Does the dealer telling this player, a regular in the card room, the previous hands action bother anybody else?
I think that when you step away from the table missing a few hands of information is part of the deal; you don’t get to ask for outside help. I’ve stuck around an extra orbit or so when a new player sits down before I go to do something just so that I don’t miss his first orbit.

Swampy
11-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah, that would irritate me a little, but I'd think I'd let it go -- your questioning the practice is more likely to make people take notice of the attention you're paying to the game. Now if the information being passed along involved judgments about play ("the player in the three seat is awfully tight; the Asian kid's a maniac; the old guy to your left hums when he makes a hand -- welcome back, sir") that'd be different, but straight reportage of the action isn't all that big a deal.

BigBaitsim (milo)
11-14-2004, 10:48 AM
This is just a bit of home court advantage.

Al_Capone_Junior
11-14-2004, 12:17 PM
This is not just unacceptable, it's quite OBVIOUSLY unacceptable. The correct response is "Gee Johnny, I don't remember."

al

bconway6
11-14-2004, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that would irritate me a little, but I'd think I'd let it go -- your questioning the practice is more likely to make people take notice of the attention you're paying to the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to the followup question, 'Should I just let it go?' for those exact reasons.