PDA

View Full Version : Party poker rigged ?????

winky51
11-14-2004, 04:08 AM
Been playing now for 11 months. Mostly live, 1-2 hours a day on Party Poker.

Live I do well with a steady increase in cash flow from low 4/8 and 10/20 games. I do have bad nights and good nights. But over all there is never more than 2 bad sessions in a row.

Party takes me on a roller coaster ride every 2-3 months. I play the 3/6 and 5/10 games build up my bankroll slowly then suddenly and win hundreds of dollars over a period of 3 weeks with rediculous hands and no one drawing out. Its like I can do no wrong. Then lose it all in some freak of nature bad luck streak in 3-7 days. I check for my errors in my hands and check percentages to bad beats. I get a higher percentage than normal for bad beats on 5 outers or less during these bad luck times. Its a non-stop bonanza of bad beat bullcrap till I am at my last $100. Sometimes the same person beat me over and over again hitting miricle after miricle hand after hand. One player won every pot he played against me one seesion. I finally left the table after the 12th time in a row of him catching the miricle draw on me or flopping a pair when I didnt with a crap hand, Yes I checked my poker tracker 12 times!!! My image was shattered at that table so I had to leave. So then I start over at 1/2. For several weeks I slowly build up my roll. Then suddenly I get super lucky again and go over $1500. I only play 30 hours a month online. Pretty much online I am exactly even from when I started maybe up $250 from 11 months back.

And I know all of you are going to say I am full of [censored] but man when I look at my hands played and the %s of times some one 5 outer bad beats me its staggering. The swings of luck are just rediculous compared to live games.

Just today I finally hit rock bottom. I start my session at a full 5/10 game 10 people. I get on and raise with a superior hand flopping TP TK. I get check raised on the turn when I hit my 2nd Ace giving me trips. I call to the end and find they flopped a set and hit a boat. This happened 3 times in a row my 1st 3 hands I played. (AA999, AA555, 77788. Im sitting here with AQ, A9, KK for each hand. You look at the flop and you think WTF could they be raising me with??? Some one called me cold with 78??? I got trips what the hell do they have??? they have to have exactly XYZ to beat me??!!!.

I have seen people check raise me capping it flop and turn when I have a set just to get runner runner flush or runner runner straight. Maybe I am just venting by it just seems too much. My live games are never this nuts!!!

Last night the 1st 5 hands I saw at my table where only 2 people were in were FH, FH, 2 pair, FH, Straight, all on the flop. Guess who got nailed by 3 FHs.

How damn rare is that. I refuse to give PP more money then what I started with so I start at the bottom and build up again only to lose it to a freak of bad luck. My worse was when with TP TK people caught on me 14 times in a row with some sort of draw or 5 outer 2 pair catch with bottom pair. 14 times in a row!!!

5-6 weeks building up
2 weeks of AMAZING REDICULOUS LUCK!!!
then 1-2 week of unreal bad luck with 5 outers or less catching on you almost every hand.

Same pattern for the last 11 months. I am crazy? Am I a whiny baby that sucks at poker? Why do I have normal winning live and not online? Damn computer random number generator? WHAT?

Thanks for reading.

Entity
11-14-2004, 04:21 AM
I feel some degree of sympathy because we've all been there, however:

1) This belongs in psychology.
2) You will be ridiculed by others for this post, because:
A) Online poker isn't rigged.
B) Trip aces losing to a flopped set is common; it's not a bad beat.
C) Your post was hard to read.
D) People here like sarcasm.

Variance is a bitch, except when you're winning. Post some hands you think you misplayed; if you're playing good poker, you'll keep winning overall.

If you are starting to play like this post reads (tilty), take a break for a while. 1-2 hours a day is a lot, unless poker is your job.

Rob

Shillx
11-14-2004, 04:24 AM
I think it is rigged too. I have had Kings 38 times this month and I am losing money with them. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

The Shill

arkady
11-14-2004, 04:25 AM
hah! ok ill be honest i didnt read most of it, just some blurbs - all i can say is.

welcome to poker!!

Entity
11-14-2004, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is rigged too. I have had Kings 38 times this month and I am losing money with them. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

The Shill

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you stopped limping with them PF? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shillx
11-14-2004, 04:30 AM
No...but honestly I in the black when I either limp or backraise kings. I am in the red when I raise. Even more perplexing. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brad

Do as I say, not as I do. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Snoogins47
11-14-2004, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The Shill

[/ QUOTE ]

AA, AKs, Ao, AQs, AQo, AJo, ATo, KQs, QJs, QTs, TT, 99, 88... what do these hands have in common?

These are hands that, in the last 1200 hands I've played, have lost me money.

Every now and then, I wonder if I really have the heart for this whole "gambling' thing

Oh well, at least I play KK better than you.

Shillx
11-14-2004, 04:42 AM
I ruin people with AKs! To the tune of like 3BB/hand. Too bad it never gets delt to me. AA-TT and most other good hands are all running sub-optimal right now for me too. Party must be running a "white-hat" money velocity scheme to help out the bad players.

Brad

Snoogins47
11-14-2004, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I ruin people with AKs! To the tune of like 3BB/hand. Too bad it never gets delt to me. AA-TT and most other good hands are all running sub-optimal right now for me too. Party must be running a "white-hat" money velocity scheme to help out the bad players.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it must be. My most profitable hand over this sample was 62o. I think I need to save these stats for the next time somebody posts one of those "WTF, I was making 12 BB/100 hands for OVER 1K HANDS AT $5/$10 AND NOW OVER THE PAST 500 I'M DOWN $5000 AT $10/$20 I QUIT" posts

Shillx
11-14-2004, 05:04 AM
Party forgot to send me the memo about 62o being the "hand of the month". Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Brad

Snoogins47
11-14-2004, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party forgot to send me the memo about 62o being the "hand of the month". Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhhh, we can't let people know our secrets! Next thing we know, you'll be going around doing the secret handshake and wearing a "I HEART BROWN TROUT" tshirt! You know that if our ties to Partypoker, the Mob, the Free-masons, and Jimmy Hoffa get out, our lives are through!

bisonbison
11-14-2004, 05:18 AM
This post sucks. In the future, direct all your "Party is Rigged????" questions and complaints to info@partpoker.com or the Zoo.