PDA

View Full Version : Two hands from oceans 11

thatpfunk
11-14-2004, 03:47 AM
The table is really weak-tight. It is often raised preflop and checked through the turn. Raises are completely random in size, anywhere from $6-$25. Preflop raisers have shown hands like A2 K9 etc.

Hand 1 $2-3 blinds
Hero $98

Utg raises to $6
Folded to Hero, Hero raises to $15 with QQ
SB calls, UTg raises to $30
Hero...?

Utg has minimum raised often. He has shown AQ and Q7, so he quite a spectrum of raise-worthy hands... His re-raise of the minimum really confuses me. SB almost didn't call the first raise, now he looks torn as to whether to call or fold.

Hand 2
Hero- $78 JJ
Utg+1 looks like he's going to call then decides to raise to $12.
Hero calls.
Button blurts out $50. He raised to $25 preflop and flop of AKQ. He checked to the river and folded to a $15 bet. He doesn't know what he's doing and has called all in with Tp-2 kicker. He looks unsure of every move he makes. Utg raiser looks really unhappy and calls, shaking his head. I am almost certain he has a mid-pp. Other player I do not know.

thatpfunk
11-14-2004, 11:07 PM
bump...

Are these not even close decisions? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

UOPokerPlayer
11-15-2004, 02:07 AM
You may not be getting as many responses because your post is a little confusing. From what i can tell it looks like the first hand is an easy push. If utg usually mini-raises you're probably ahead. Not so sure on the second hand. You can't call and fold on the flop so if you're gonna play this you must do so with the intention of getting all your chips in. That being said i think with your description of the button a stop and go would work well. Call the raise and push the flop. He seems like a player that would lay down if he didn't pair up.

schwza
11-15-2004, 11:48 AM
move in on both hands. you only have 32 bb's in the first and 26 in the second. QQ and JJ are plenty good enough when you're that shallow.