PDA

View Full Version : inproving my win rates

bholdr
11-13-2004, 07:27 PM
I play mostly small buy-in (10-50$) NL online, mostly at paradise and pokerroom. genrally, i play three or four tables at once, and am generlly a winning player

I am aware that pokertracker is one of the best ways to improve my play, but i am curious; how long did it take after you all purchased the software to notice a definite improvment in your game? (re: how long until you feel that the software paid for itself?)

also, is pokertracker as usefull for games like PLO/8 as it is for holdem? most of the discussion of the program here seems to relate to holdem.

should this post be here or somewhere else?

also here's a terrible bad beat: I held 6c7c, called a 1$ raise at 25$ NL flopped a SF 8c9c10c, got all-in against what turned out to be AcJc. wanna geuss what hit on the river?
just had to vent about that.

meow_meow
11-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Pokertracker is strictly HE at this point, no Omaha or stud support.

That said, you can't live without it if you play even a moderate amount.
There is nothing more reassuring after a terrible day than taking a look at your overall PT stats.

greg nice
11-13-2004, 09:44 PM
i dont know if it actually improves my play, but it helps to track what hands i have trouble with so i can go over the history.

its essential in limit because things are much less situational than NL.

mannika
11-14-2004, 03:18 AM
For me, the software paid for itself not so much in improving my game, but by allowing me to keep tabs on the players I am playing against, and to interpret their Preflop Raises, etc.

In fact, PT has probably paid for itself just in narrowing down hands from PFR's.