PDA

View Full Version : Soccer in Vegas?

clark
11-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Hi,

I'm leaving for Vegas in december and I was wondering if there were any sportbars sending matches from Premier League. Especially Liverpool's matches /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Any help is appreciated.

- Thomas

TomCollins
11-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Your best bet is going to be in the sports betting places.

Ed Miller
11-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Your best bet is going to be in the sports betting places.

No it isn't. They never show Premiership games in sports books.

Go to the Crown & Anchor pub on Tropicana just east of Maryland Pkwy. They show maybe four or five Premiership games each week live... but expect to pay a cover (around $10) for some games, particularly Arsenal, Man U, and maybe Liverpool too.

EDIT: Here is their website (http://www.crownandanchorlv.com/index2.html) including a game schedule and covers.

TomCollins
11-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Well said, from Noted Soccer Authority Ed Miller.

MicroBob
11-13-2004, 08:06 PM
On a not-completely-unrelated note.....I saw on Fox-Sports Net last night one of the darts-competitions (which I enjoy a lot for some reason even though I had never seen darts on TV until a few mths ago).

but this competition was taking place at the MGM-Grand in Las Vegas in front of a pretty large looking crowd (of mostly Americans I presume).

I don't know the personalities......but the guy who would turn around and do his extended-grunt thing to the crowd every time he got a 140 or 180 was cracking me up.

Anyway, i just found it interesting that a sport like darts (with virtually zero following in the U.S. to my knowledge) drew such a large crowd in L.V.

I suspect you'll have decent success of finding a bar/sports-betting place that shows the games just by asking around once you get to L.V. (assuming you aren't able to get specific advice here).
Bump into a fellow Brit (or European) or just somebody who bets sports who will be able to say "yeah....such and such place shows the soccer games all the time".

Oh....and be sure to refer to it as "soccer". If you start asking for "football" you'll get directly to a place that is showing the Steelers against the Browns.

clark
11-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks a ton, Ed.

Demana
11-14-2004, 08:49 PM
$10 is a paltry fee to pay to watch an Arsenal game /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Ed!