PDA

View Full Version : what to do with a turned boat?

willie
11-13-2004, 01:59 PM
party 25 nl
4 people in a 6 max limp, i limp with 88 in the CO tosee a flop of
A J A

checked around (pot is 2.00)
turn
8 (check check, guy bets $15)

I'm next to act

where do you go from here?

i'll post what i did and what happened wheni come back from breakfast/ a movie.... cause this hand pissed me off /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Djogolf
11-13-2004, 02:33 PM
.... cause this hand pissed me off

Let me guess....

(1)you just called and....
a -- he rivered a J to beat you
b -- he rivered an A to beat you with a higher PP
c -- he spiked a (2,3,4,ect.) to match his Ax hand

or
(2) you raised all in and...
a -- he called, spiking a 2 outer to beat you

If (1) he made a play at the pot, and you didn't make him pay to beat you. So although unlucky for you, you can keep this from happening by making HIM make a decision by raising.

If (2) then there is no reason for you to be upset, nothing wrong with having someone call you with a 2 outer and hitting it. Must remember that the other 21 times he does it "won't" come (hopefully)

Oh, and just in case he slow played AJ, or turned and A8, nothing can be done about it. He checked the flop to suck somebody else in, and it worked, good play by him, unlucky for you.

good luck the next go around,
-golf

over_c
11-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Without seeing the size of the stack of the guy who massively overbet the pot, I would say raise all-in. He either has nothing, in which case you should be thankful for the $15 he gave you, or he has an ace, and will call thinking his hand is good. I would imagine a pre-flop raise from an AJ or JJ in a 6 max game so I would think you would win here.

By the way, are you the button and not the CO? I don't think it is possible to be 4th to act in a 4-handed game at the CO.

willie
11-13-2004, 05:42 PM
6 handed game with 2 folders

i started the hand with about 50 dollars
he started with about 42

on the turn i reraised from 15 to 30

he called

river was an ace, he pushed in, i couldn't think of a hand that i could beat and folded.....

jt1
11-14-2004, 02:53 PM
you both unknowingly conspired to save you money. YOu should have bet the pot size on the flop. And went all in on the turn. (Ofcourse if he was looking to check raise then you lost money by not betting the flop.)

willie
11-15-2004, 03:46 AM
is this really the standard play? bet the pot on an a ja flop?

don't be a lil apprehensive of someone floppin trips or a pair of aces?