PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 pair vs a Post Flop Uber LAG

Vern
11-13-2004, 12:01 PM
CO in this hand is slightly loose and normal aggression pre-flop but after the flop he either raises or folds and rarely the latter. Post flop aggression is 6+. I think I have a solid table image.

PokerStars $1/$2 6 Max (6 Handed)
Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, BTN folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.5BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.5BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero ?

As always, any criticism of any part of the hand is always welcome. Thanks for all responses.

Vern
Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.

Vern
11-14-2004, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars $1/$2 6 Max (6 Handed)
Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, BTN folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.5BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.5BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: <font color="red"> 19.5BB</font>
CO shows A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif - Two Pair aces over nines
Hero shows A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif - Two Pair aces over queens

19.5BB won by Hero

I think I should have re-raised the river. This is player read specific, I refused to give him credit for a hand that beat me as he would play a pair of queens or better this way post flop but I got weak. I had top two pair, so he had to have a set or the straight to beat me. My thought process was:
KTs, he was slightly looser pre-flop and made cold calls so this is possible but I don't see him capping the flop unless it was K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
KTo, unlikely, he was slightly looser, but not this loose.
T8s, Same as KTs but less likely, only one he caps the flop with is T/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
T8o, unlikely
AA, QQ, 99 JJ I see him three betting me pre-flop so it is unlikely.
66 No way he caps the flop and turn with this.

So there are two hands, K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif and T/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif that I see him playing this way that beat me. But the list of hands I am ahead that he is likely holding based upon his play is: any Ace, any queen(although I think he folds the to the turn 3-bet with just a queen), JTx(though especially J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif)

I just wish all that was clearer playing the hand because after the fact, not just based on the results, I think I should re-raise the river. Thanks for all the responses.

Vern
Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.