PDA

View Full Version : 99 Hand

Unarmed
11-13-2004, 11:25 AM
UTG is 7-tabling.

$5 PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed)

BB (t3045)
UTG (t2755)
MP (t735)
Button (t4780)
Hero (t2185)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises to t450</font>, MP folds, Button folds, Hero calls t375, BB calls t300.

Flop: (t1350) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t1735 (All-In)</font>

stupidsucker
11-13-2004, 03:29 PM
I would have folded preflop. If for some reason I did call preflop then I would be worried about pushing here running into TT-AA(which is why I fold preflop)

Perhaps I am way too passive and tight.

Unarmed
11-13-2004, 03:54 PM
That was my first instinct. However, if raiser's probable hands include AJ-AK that's 48 hands versus 30 for the PP I'm worried about.

There's probably a ton of other hands that he would raise with as well. So I'd like to get other people's views on calling PF and pushing to any non A flop. (which was my line)

I was playing this for overpair+set value, clearly a bad call if I had 22.

Benholio
11-13-2004, 03:59 PM
I agree with stupidsucker. By just calling here, you are getting your value from either a) flopping a 9, b) flopping an overpair.

If you aren't going to be comfortable playing it for b) (and I wouldn't either), then you shouldn't really call it pre-flop.

If you are only playing it for set value, you are not getting good enough odds.

If the raise came from the button I'd be more likely to push here pre-flop, but since it came from UTG, who has no compelling reason to steal here, I would give him more respect. Also, if your read is that he is a solid player, he probably won't lay down his hand to a re-raise, since he will have pretty good pot odds.

As an aside... 7-tabling $5 SNGs??? Thats a new one.