PDA

View Full Version : Top set, big pot.

Trix
11-13-2004, 10:00 AM
This is an old hand, so no reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (18.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (17.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 20.16 BB

D.H.
11-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Seems standard to me. Any street/decision in particular you weren't sure about?

Rico Suave
11-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Trix:

I might have raised the flop. I think you can get in multiple bets in on that flop with a preflop raiser and a preflop capper and that large pot.

--Rico

Bob T.
11-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I would raise the flop. If you call, as you did, planning on raising the turn, you are going to make the other two players face two big bets, and they are more likely to fold. You will probably get more money into this pot by playing the flop fast.

nepenthe
11-13-2004, 12:46 PM
What the others said. Since you say this was a long time ago you now probably agree anyhow. The flop is way too coordinated and one dangerous card could either kill you or kill your action. That said, there is no way you are not seeing the river with this holding. Therefore you might as well try to extract maximum value out of the hand while you have the nuts. The best chance you have of doing exactly that is to raise the flop and hope for a 3-bet from KK, AA, JJ, 72o or whatever.

Trix
11-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Thought I needed to try and make AK fold and had a better shot by waiting till the turn when I played, but think I agree now that itīs better to go for action on the flop.