SB: ( $3000 )
Button: Hero ( $750 )
UTG: ( $3440 )
MP: ( $260 )

Hero Is The Button
Blinds(200/400)

Dealt to Hero [T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif]

UTG: Folds; MP: Folds.

The SB is a strong player, but the BB is a maniac and will go all-in with just about any Ace or Face card with as little as an unsuited 2 for a kicker.

What would you do in this situation? Fold outright? Call with the intention of folding if raised all-in by either the SB or BB? Or would you raise all-in here?

I folded it and the hand came as follows:

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
Turn: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
River: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

The BB won the hand with High Card King with a Queen Kicker, in other words I would have taken the pot down. After seeing the hand and the result, I was kicking myself for not playing. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Again, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chief911
11-13-2004, 09:51 AM
If you had closer to 1000 chips and could watch the two smaller stacks bust and fold into the money, this is an easy hand to lay down.

But that is not the case. If the SB is a strong player, he probably will not call off 750 of his stack in the SB unless he has a big hand (Gap Theory, wheee), and if you think the BB will call with an inferior hand, that's great. Although its unclear it seems that the BB would only have 100 chips after posting the blind. So this is autopush. You want the chips, and to knock him out.

Nick

Daliman
11-13-2004, 01:02 PM
It's close, but considering you have two players with lower stacks than you, and you will see the blinds after both, folding is not a bad option here. Neither is raising. Welcome to poker, SNG-style.

betgo
11-13-2004, 01:42 PM
This is an easy push. Calling and folding to a raise is awful. You don't have that much of a lead over the BB's stack to have a great shot at folding into the money.