PDA

View Full Version : Please help me max my set of kings against this min better

Unarmed
11-13-2004, 08:58 AM
When he min bets the turn again I'm not real happy...make a real bet dammit!!
Anyone hit the flop hard with the 2 flush out there? I wasn't worried about it HU and I find these guys don't generally bet their draws. I'm sure there's a correct line here (not mine) so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

$5 PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed)

MP1 (t1180)
Hero (t1440)
CO (t4430)
Button (t1560)
SB (t1540)
BB (t1350)
UTG (t2000)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t30, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t120</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t90.

Flop: (t285) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets t30</font>, Hero calls t30.

Turn: (t345) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets t30</font>, Hero calls t30.

River: (t405) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets t30</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t210</font>, UTG calls t180.

Final Pot: t825

Chief911
11-13-2004, 09:54 AM
I think the flat call on the flop was not criminal, as most people will not bet out when they are on a flush draw. I think this part is fine if you are hoping that he pushes much harder on the turn.

Your turn call is awful. You need to bump it up to 150 or so, to attempt to look like you are buying the pot, or make him pay for whatever hand is thinks he is drawing on.

River, that's fine. Sometimes I might hugely overbet the pot, just to see if someone will call. But, you dont have much of a pot to even overbet.

Play drastically different on the turn and you can play the river better. There is also a case for playing differently on the flop, but I think this is fine.

Nick

Unarmed
11-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks Nick, that makes sense.
I didn't think he was drawing so I didn't feel it was necessary to make him pay. But at the same time, if he's not drawing any /images/graemlins/spade.gif or /images/graemlins/heart.gif kills my action anyway so I have to get the money in on the turn.

stupidsucker
11-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Throwing in a small raise on the flop may get him to go over the top of you. You have to put more in on the turn IMO you are just letting him in too cheap.

Really, you need for him to have something to get money out of him. A set is an over rated hand, and does not warrent a slowplay in most cases. There is a only flush draw on the board, and no straight draw, so you are fairly safe. Cold calling small bets is probably the worst thing you can do. Get some money in that pot, and give him a chance to make a big steal at it.