PDA

View Full Version : LIVE 7 STUD (HI) TOURNAMENT PLAY

CHISTUDPLAYER
11-13-2004, 04:47 AM
I am a experienced live 7-stud (HI) player and have probably played over 100 online tournaments with good results but was looking for some tips/advice on live brick and mortar tourney stud tourney play since so little is out there.........a plan of attack is what i need. I am planning on playing in the World poker open 7 stud $500 buy in event in tunica in january.....anyone play this one before??.....am i out of my league???? Any thoughts would be apprecitaed thank you.......hello to ashley adams if he is out there.........great stud book........

Andy B
11-13-2004, 03:41 PM
There is some chance that I'll go to that one too. I stink at tournaments. My only suggestion is to get 7CS4AP and TP4AP if you don't already have them.

imported_big ben
11-14-2004, 12:14 AM
I agree w/ Andy- those are two of the best 2+2 books out.

CHISTUDPLAYER
11-14-2004, 01:22 AM
thanks guys i do have the first book and it is excellent......just not alot of writing on Stud tourneys......Does anyone know what the stud ring games are like in TUNICA around tourney time???

Andy B
11-14-2004, 01:07 PM
This is second-hand information, but from what I understand, there is very little stud of any kind in that area, which bodes well for you in the tournament but not for side action. There are lots and lots of pot-limit games. They're phenomenal the first week, but the weaker players go broke so they're merely very good thereafter.

CHISTUDPLAYER
11-14-2004, 11:33 PM
thanks for the info.......somebody who works out there said they may have some 5-10, 10-20 but everyone else says its just 1-5 all the time........thanks again............Im also ordering hte tournament book......