PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes its good to be a sally

NLSoldier
11-13-2004, 04:18 AM
Converter messed up again, I am SB.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $5.
CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP (poster) 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (21 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

spydog
11-13-2004, 04:47 AM
The converter is messing up because you are failing to fix the person on the button before converting. Your Hand History will say something like 'Seat 2 is the button', when really it should say 'Seat 4 is the button'.

I think I lead this flop and let MP raise to make flush and gutshot draws pay or fold. If he 3-bets, I would call, then lead the turn and fold to a raise. I think a turn raise tells me more than a flop cap.

I don't understand the check-fold on the flop. MP is always going to lead the flop and any flush draw, weak Ace, gutshot, or Q could raise this. Why are you so convinced that you are behind? At least 3-bet and see what MP does. This is a big pot and I'm not giving up as easily as you.

NLSoldier
11-13-2004, 05:20 AM
Hmm, I tried to fix it and repost but now i cant get the converter to work at all.

Anywyas, when I raise in the SB and and 3 bet by the BB in a multiway pot, i tend to see that as a pretty obvious sign of strength. I was thinking AA-TT, AK or AQ for BB. My plan was to CR the flop and re-evaluated depending what he did. But when someone else raised and with BB left to act I thought a fold was the best play.

I cant even follow the rest of the action myself. But the PF 3 better had QQ, the Flop raiser had 99, and the other clown had 7d2d for the rivered flush and the win.